Quantcast USB Keys or USB Pens - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
07-23-2003, 02:00 PM
el_mero_zooter el_mero_zooter is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: T.O. (Da T-Dot)
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
What's a good brand to purchase---need a USB Key/Drive
with about 64/128 mb of storage...
Heard crappie things about Transcend....
Gonna do away with floppies.....
t.i.a.

Zooter
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
07-23-2003, 02:44 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Zoot,

I have a 64MB "Pen Drive" brand that I bought at Radio Shack. It's really good
As a matter of fact, I used it to backup the complete KVCD.Net site (Without mpeg files!) on it

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
07-23-2003, 03:13 PM
el_mero_zooter el_mero_zooter is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: T.O. (Da T-Dot)
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Hi Zoot,

I have a 64MB "Pen Drive" brand that I bought at Radio Shack. It's really good
As a matter of fact, I used it to backup the complete KVCD.Net site (Without mpeg files!) on it

-kwag
RadioShack eh?
hmm,,must go chek it out....

zanx,,,
ztr
Reply With Quote
  #4  
07-23-2003, 07:05 PM
vhelp vhelp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hay zoot..

yeah, get one. I'm planning on getting one too.

I was thinking about the 128mb, or even 256mb.., but if I'm going to get
one, I may as well make it worth my while, and go for the 512mb one instead,
but the store that has it, BJ's doesn't seem to be in stock of them.

BJ's has them the cheapets!! A 128mb stick goes for $69 bucks, last I saw.

These would prob. work great for when you're juggling PCs and configuration
settings and futzing around with installations of pcs and things. You know
what I mean that's why you (and I) want one of these guys. Kwag
already beat us both to one

Take it easy,
-vhelp
Reply With Quote
  #5  
07-23-2003, 07:48 PM
tonyk tonyk is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How about one of the SD Memory Card readers? My reader is small, though not quite as small as a pen drive, plus it gives me the option of increased capacity if I buy extra memory cards. 128mb SD Memory Card runs about $50, not sure how much reader costs - mine came with my camera.

I >think< it offers the same utility as the USB Pen drive - I saw a review of several USB Pen drives in the last PC World. One of the drives reviewed used SD Memory Cards for extra capacity. There were differences among the drives, mostly in the area of access speed.

Cheers, --Tony K.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
el_mero_zooter el_mero_zooter is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: T.O. (Da T-Dot)
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk
How about one of the SD Memory Card readers? My reader is small, though not quite as small as a pen drive, plus it gives me the option of increased capacity if I buy extra memory cards. 128mb SD Memory Card runs about $50, not sure how much reader costs - mine came with my camera.

I >think< it offers the same utility as the USB Pen drive - I saw a review of several USB Pen drives in the last PC World. One of the drives reviewed used SD Memory Cards for extra capacity. There were differences among the drives, mostly in the area of access speed.

Cheers, --Tony K.
yeah,,
im leaning towards one of these now,,,,
it'd be easier to just swap the sd card from my digital camera for pix or files etc....



http://www.simpletech.com/webspeed/u...d_search=bonza

they start at around $ 45.00 USD or so...for a 64mb,,,




ZtR
Reply With Quote
  #7  
07-24-2003, 10:11 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey zooter,

How about this: http://www.nomadworld.com/products/muvo/


I think you can also use it as a data storage, just like a pen drive
So you have a "double feature" device

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #8  
07-24-2003, 11:21 AM
el_mero_zooter el_mero_zooter is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: T.O. (Da T-Dot)
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Hey zooter,

How about this: http://www.nomadworld.com/products/muvo/


I think you can also use it as a data storage, just like a pen drive
So you have a "double feature" device

-kwag
not bad,,, nice though ,,,specially after the mp3/cd player last x-mas this
may not get approved by the Home-Business Manager {i.e. wife}
as it looks like an mp3 player and or a gaming device....
yet a usb key is a computer device,,,get the drift


ztr,,,,
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Authored DVD menu, up/down arrow keys do not work? nicksteel Authoring VCD, DVD, Blu-ray 4 02-19-2006 09:54 AM
Authoring DVD: Possible to Assign chapters to number keys? Prodater64 Authoring VCD, DVD, Blu-ray 3 12-26-2005 08:11 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd