Quantcast KVCD: Aspect Ratio of KVCD Templates? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
04-24-2003, 01:36 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm from Portugal and I have been using KVCD templates for a couple of months now.
I am obvously convinced this is the best way to backup my DVDs collection (best picture quality and fastest method).
Anyway I have some doubts about the templates and maybe someone can give me a help with it.
1st I own a regular 4:3 - 20 inches TV set and a Mustek V520 DVD player and everytime I tried to play the KVCDx3 samples on it I would get a good motion picture but after a few encodes of my own DVDs with muxed sound I would endup with a still picture (no motion) although I would hear the sound was perfect
Then I found on some forum some guys have to change the final resolution from 528x576 to 544x576. I tried 544x576 and now I have good motion pic and perfect sound.
Is this a problem of my DVD player with Kwag's templates or it could have something to do with my TV set also?
2nd All my 15 or more DVD backups were done on 2x80min CD-R, for each movie of course , with great quality picture but I am planning on buying a 16:9 - 32 inches Samsung TV within some weeks and I was wondering: since the KVCDx3 template encodes movies to a 4:3 aspect
ratio (regardless the source A:R) will my movies still look good on a 16:9 TV??
Should I start encoding my movies to 16:9 A:R ??
Anyway why do we encode 16:9 movies to 4:3 ???
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
04-24-2003, 01:50 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
Is this a problem of my DVD player with Kwag's templates or it could have something to do with my TV set also?
Actually it's a problem with the templates, because they're not standard . So your DVD player is fine!.
Quote:
2nd All my 15 or more DVD backups were done on 2x80min CD-R, for each movie of course , with great quality picture but I am planning on buying a 16:9 - 32 inches Samsung TV within some weeks and I was wondering: since the KVCDx3 template encodes movies to a 4:3 aspect
ratio (regardless the source A:R) will my movies still look good on a 16:9 TV??
Depends on your TV, if you can adjust the aspect. You usually can on most 16:9 TVs.
Quote:
Should I start encoding my movies to 16:9 A:R ??
Wait till you get your new TV, then try it
Quote:
Anyway why do we encode 16:9 movies to 4:3 ???
Because most DVD players don't support VCDs encoded at 16:9. Only 4:3 was defined for the VCD standard.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KVCD: Aspect Ratio? Esquisito Video Encoding and Conversion 5 08-06-2004 08:16 AM
KVCD: How do I keep the aspect ratio? pixeldotz Video Encoding and Conversion 9 05-17-2003 10:50 PM
KVCD: Aspect Ratio, vertical aspect is stretched? Frunobulax Video Encoding and Conversion 3 03-28-2003 09:05 PM
Aspect Ratio Settings in the KVCD templates? dynokeith Video Encoding and Conversion 0 11-27-2002 02:56 PM
KVCD: Aspect Ratio on DVD Rip? twobit326 Video Encoding and Conversion 2 07-03-2002 04:07 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd