Quantcast MovieStacker: Suggestions & Requests - (Mstacker 2.1.0) - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
04-16-2004, 09:32 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can post any suggestions or requests about MovieStacker here.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
04-17-2004, 09:45 AM
fingerbob fingerbob is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since MStacker is now compatible with Avisynth 2.54, are users required to download any additional filters other than the standard ones that come with 2.54 The reason I ask is that for Dialhot's V3/V4 script he makes it clear you should download some other filters to use his.

If I ONLY ever use MStacker and NEVER script manually, will these extra filters be required

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
04-17-2004, 10:16 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi fingerbob,
Moviestacker was made to make a script for you.
Now either you use it's script or you use Dialhot's or MA or whatever.
So the question is:
Does Moviestacker comes with all the required plugins for it's scripts and for Dialhot's and MA?
Well I haven't checked it yet.
But I'll try to find sometime to check and post here.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #4  
04-17-2004, 10:22 AM
fingerbob fingerbob is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah when I read that back it does sound a little silly. What I suppose I meant was that those scripts are generally accepted as the optimal ones but do require that you download and install a couple of extra filters and stuff.

I guess I was looking to see whether the one click installation of the new version of MS would save the hassle of having to use these optimal scripts manually - cos if they are the best ones then I supposed that they would be at least 'selectable' from the templates within MS.

(Well at least I know what I mean :P )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
04-17-2004, 10:23 AM
bigggt bigggt is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IamCanadian
Posts: 848
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HI i just checked and all of the filters are there except temperal soften which could bea part of mpeg2decs.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
04-17-2004, 10:40 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
You're both right.
Muaddib as always made a very good job.
There is one template
Code:
DVD Source - Motion Adaptive Filtering.pst
that brings up latest MA script.
You'll just have to make one template for Phil's Optimal V4 and another for V3.
Save them and that's about it.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #7  
04-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I already paln to do the templates for my scripts and post them here but my current encoding isn't finished yet so I still don't have played with the new movie stacker

a big suggestion Muaddib !
You have decided to use mpeg2sec3dg as default decoder. Okay;
But usual people never go into the options of a tools and so, never see your hint "this must be used with the dg fixed version dvd2avi".

-> a lot of problem should arrive because peoples still use 1.76 or 1.77.3 "normal edition".

Can't you find a way to give the hints abotu the dg version in a more viewable way ? I don't know, may be put a comment in the script generated by moviestacker, just above the line "mpeg2source" ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
04-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Encoder Master Encoder Master is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: (^_^)
Posts: 504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't test it yet but I've a question:

In FitCD you can load other formats then D2Vs and AVIs like ASF, MPEGs and some other. The Beta Version only support D2Vs and AVIs.
What's with the new version with DirectShowSources???

And which MPEG-2 or D2V reader are integrated because I use DVD2AVI 1.76?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
04-17-2004, 01:05 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey EM,
You weren't paying attention to Phil's post?
He mentioned that Muaddib used the Mpeg2Dec3dg that comes with DVD2AVI 1.77.3dg by Neuron2 .
About not being able to open other types of sources I haven't checked here.
I supose your right and we have to wait by Muaddib to clarify that.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #10  
04-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Encoder Master Encoder Master is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: (^_^)
Posts: 504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've testet it and I haven't any Problems with the DVD2AVI Version. But the option Compare makes a lot of trouble. But i've to test again.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
04-17-2004, 03:37 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
About the filters:
- MA script filters -> are all supported by MovieStacker.
- Dialhot's script filters -> unfortunately there are some missing filters (like deen, blindpp and atc). I do plan to add support to these filters and add a preset to Dialhot's script. I just didn't had enough time to do it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggt
HI i just checked and all of the filters are there except temperal soften which could bea part of mpeg2decs.
TemporalSoftem is there! And it's not a part of mpeg2dec, but it's a part of AviSynth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
a big suggestion Muaddib !
You have decided to use mpeg2sec3dg as default decoder. Okay;
But usual people never go into the options of a tools and so, never see your hint "this must be used with the dg fixed version dvd2avi".

-> a lot of problem should arrive because peoples still use 1.76 or 1.77.3 "normal edition".

Can't you find a way to give the hints abotu the dg version in a more viewable way ? I don't know, may be put a comment in the script generated by moviestacker, just above the line "mpeg2source" ?
Good idea Dialhot! I'll make something like that.
But, please, could you test using mpeg2sec3dg with a d2v project from DVD2AVI 1.77.3? I did some quickly test and didn’t find a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
04-17-2004, 03:39 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encoder Master
In FitCD you can load other formats then D2Vs and AVIs like ASF, MPEGs and some other. The Beta Version only support D2Vs and AVIs.
What's with the new version with DirectShowSources???
Other media formats are planned to be supported in the next release. I'm already working on it.

Quote:
And which MPEG-2 or D2V reader are integrated because I use DVD2AVI 1.76?
The default decoder is MPEG2Dec3dg. If you still using D2V1.76 then change the decoder in the options to MPEG2Dec3.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
04-17-2004, 03:40 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
Hey EM,
You weren't paying attention to Phil's post?
He mentioned that Muaddib used the Mpeg2Dec3dg that comes with DVD2AVI 1.77.3dg by Neuron2 .
Mpeg2Dec3dg is the defautl decoder, but you can change it in the options.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Encoder Master Encoder Master is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: (^_^)
Posts: 504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Other media formats are planned to be supported in the next release. I'm already working on it.
Thanx.

The D2Vs of DVD2AVi v1.76 work with this DLL.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
04-17-2004, 04:55 PM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
Hi,
You're both right.
Muaddib as always made a very good job.
There is one template
Code:
DVD Source - Motion Adaptive Filtering.pst
that brings up latest MA script.
You'll just have to make one template for Phil's Optimal V4 and another for V3.
Save them and that's about it.
Cheers
Note that latest MA script drops Limiter(). MovieStacker still includes it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
04-17-2004, 05:21 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
Note that latest MA script drops Limiter(). MovieStacker still includes it.
And it should be kept
You never know what encoder will be used, so it doesn't hurt to keep it
It it doesn't hurt, then Limiter() should be left where it is in the script.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #17  
04-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
You never know what encoder will be used, so it doesn't hurt to keep it
It it doesn't hurt, then Limiter() should be left where it is in the script.
Just a word to say that Tmpgenc, CCE and MCE do the limiting by default (so limiter is useless with them). I don't know for ffmpeg and others new encoder coming out recently.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
04-17-2004, 06:16 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
I don't know for ffmpeg and others new encoder coming out recently.
That's exactly what I'm thinking.
And really there's no speed penalty with or without the line in the script, so we might as well leave it in, as a "security" factor

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #19  
04-17-2004, 06:36 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@muaddib,

Quick suggestion
The "Compare" feature is very powerful. You can really see the power of the filters side by side, comparing to the original frame.
Could you add a Snapshot of current frame to the clip board, similar to what you can do in Vdub
This way, we can post comparisons between regular source, and processed frames with MA script, etc.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #20  
04-17-2004, 06:44 PM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
And really there's no speed penalty with or without the line in the script, so we might as well leave it in, as a "security" factor

-kwag
Maybe not Speed penalty but Luma range penalty ...
If a source already comes in TV Luma Range and the encoder will be forced to do a luma range compression again Double luma compression

And als it have been prooved that limiter() just cuts the clipping beginning and the end of the luma range histogram so it doesn't "scale" the luma range as it should be done like that.

ColorYUV(Levels="PC->TV") would be better as this one scales the range, but dont forget to switch Luma TV scaling/cropping in the encoder afterwards OFF.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC Freezing up - any suggestions? Icarus3000 Computers 31 10-17-2005 09:32 PM
PackShot suggestions kwag Video Encoding and Conversion 106 07-28-2004 04:47 PM
MovieStacker: Mstacker 2.1.0 released gio_vanni Video Encoding and Conversion 3 04-23-2004 12:28 PM
MovieStacker Bug Reports - (MStacker 2.1.0) muaddib Video Encoding and Conversion 18 04-19-2004 06:48 PM
MovieStacker: Feature Requests (old) muaddib Video Encoding and Conversion 103 10-15-2003 07:29 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd