Quantcast About Jorel - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
12-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A pm I just sent to Karl.

This guy can't understand the difference between posting an advice and insulting people. And he can't stand to be moderated even if is claimed to be a normal user. Now it's enougth.

Quote:
Hi Karl,

You ban this guy or I quit. Thanks.

Last post of him I just removed, and that's the third one since yesterday :
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo
fashioned way?
ok.i see.. we can receive some "no fashioned way" pms?

and
Quote:
And maybe that's what Phil is pointing out.
maybe? seems that he have the final word:
Quote:
I am the one that decided that the post must become a tuto...
seems that he get the whole control passing by anyone...is a final judge (of the gang)

well Rui, better forget and remove this post too , i can't post trues!
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
12-08-2004, 11:01 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hrmmmm,
Phil, I don't think that's really the way to go, do you?
Even because this time he didn't really insult.
EDIT: besides the gang word that I only noticed now.
We've had other cases of insulting guys that had a few posts deleted but that eventually never had to be banned.
I wouldn't like to be in Karl's skin after what you PMed him.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #3  
12-08-2004, 11:15 AM
glänzend glänzend is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone

Phil, can I please request that you be the bigger man and just ignore it, he is a little stress out and maybe he gets carried away, but like rui said there are other people that really do insult the mods and they are not banned just their post erased.

He will get tired of it eventually, I think it should just be ignored,

Thank you
glänzend
Reply With Quote
  #4  
12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
Hrmmmm,
Phil, I don't think that's really the way to go, do you?
Yes, there are a lot of ways. But we already took all the previous ones with Jorel. Don't you think ?

Quote:
Even because this time he didn't really insult.
Extracting a single line from a complete post and tell the person that wrote this is a "a final judge" is a way to insult him.
Let copy the WHOLE sentence, just to see how much different was the meaning :
Quote:
- a tutorial is attractive only if it has pictures. A long post with no image is boring, so I suggest to let the thumbnails. I am the one that decided that the post must become a tuto and I wouldn't have done this is there was no picture.
Quite a little different than just copying " I am the one that decided", isn't it ?

Quote:
We've had other cases of insulting guys that had a few posts deleted but that eventually never had to be banned.
I wouldn't like to be in Karl's skin after what you PMed him.
Cheers
And I don't like to continue to be in the skin of someone targetted by a crazy paranoiac mind.
I can live without this and the forum can live without me. For sure, to live with this and without me will surely be a little more unpleasant for the ones that stay but life's too short to wonder about that.

@glänzend
As I said, this is the THIRD post that I silently removed. And be sure that new ones will arrive in the forum. How long is it supposed to continue before a real task is done ?
This task (blocking him to avoid new post) I can't do it personally, so I will be the bigger one as you say and just leave the kindergarden. I don't see other things to do.

Just imagine you have to read everyday a post telling : "glänzend ? ah ah ah...". How long will you suffer that silently "as a big man"... ?

NOTE: Are you aware that we are talking about JOREL ? Not really a virgin case... Him, beeing tired ? Of what ? When ? He acts like this since weeks !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
12-08-2004, 11:29 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I think Jorge has gone (or is about!) to go over the edge.
I think his last posts just "FUEL" bad discussions in the forum, by always taking opposite directions from the focus of the threads.
As Mercy said, it's better to ignore him, and if the posts are like the one that he just posted, then moderators, please feel free to delete his posts without even answering.
If he continues with this, then I have no other option than to ban him from the site permanently.

-Karl
Reply With Quote
  #6  
12-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
if the posts are like the one that he just posted, then moderators, please feel free to delete his posts without even answering.
If he continues with this, then I have no other option than to ban him from the site permanently.
At least we agreed on that point. I am just thinking that we already reached this point but if I am the only one, then I will wait a little longer...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
12-08-2004, 11:39 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
/deleted/

I just deleted my last post as Karl just brought my thoughts to the point meanwhile I was writing!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
glänzend glänzend is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot

NOTE: Are you aware that we are talking about JOREL ? Not really a virgin case... Him, beeing tired ? Of what ? When ? I acts like this since weeks !
Ohh yes I do, is just a suggestion, but now that we are on the subject, I don't like to talk about people behind their backs, and I think the democratic thing to do would be to take a vote, just yes or no, no stories no nothing.

So lets take a vote, and see what everybody thinks.

But begging your pardon I still think you could be the bigger man and just ignore it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
12-08-2004, 11:53 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We're what, Mercy?
We're all going to vote he Jorel should stay or leave?
You're kidding, right?
Otherwise be so kind to vote me too, ok?
And I might as well vote right now. I vote blank for Jorel and I vote for leaving in my case.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #10  
12-08-2004, 12:03 PM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Rui, dont misunderstand!

But this story never stops as you see and he already had in his behaviuor-account many pople including mods from here.

Participating in this area means giving personal energy/engagement for NO money, so at least I DONT want to get stressed over month. The "money" I do receive from here are friendships, developements and a good "staying together"!

If some people do not follow advices or even do not think about what could hurt but still keeping it no matter what could happen then sorry ...
And you know my character as Im not "direct executable"-minded
Reply With Quote
  #11  
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
NOTE: Are you aware that we are talking about JOREL ? Not really a virgin case... Him, beeing tired ? Of what ? When ? He acts like this since weeks !
After some things I've seen, I don't think jorel is ever going to give up.
Some (most?) of you remember the big recent thread at doom9, where he finally got banned
It was a thread about quality related to multi-passes with CCE.
Well, this makes me nervous
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/searc...h_author=jorel
Exactly trying to "continue" what was ended at D9

-karl
Reply With Quote
  #12  
12-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
We're what, Mercy?
We're all going to vote he Jorel should stay or leave?
You're kidding, right?
The vote is only for knowing if Jorel passed the edge this time or not. Look at the moderator panel : we had this dicussion already some days ago. Vm has gone. Inc was on the edge to leave ! Now I am also.
I voted yes for sure because I started this thread and can't vote for other thing. But feel free to vote no ! I personnaly won't tell there is a gang against me if you do taht
Reply With Quote
  #13  
12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a tough case.

Personally I have grown very tired of his moody behaviour. I was very much willing to leave him in peace when he adopted his second identity (jeo), provided that he kept cool. Unfortunately he didn't..in fact his paranoia has grown worse. Nowadays he doesn't even try to understand the big picture, he just sees certain words and then loses his temper.

If I didn't know the person any better, I would be ready to kick him off the site. However, I'm a little worried about what will happen to him if we get rid of him. He is very unstable and something really bad could happen if he goes. I know that nothing I say can help him but maybe he finds some comfort and feels safer around the forums, and now that reading them requires registration, he would be quite lonely. Because I think he doesn't have many friends and that the forum is a place where he feels most at home.

Conclusion: I can't say whether I'll vote yea or nay. I'll have to give it some more thought..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
12-08-2004, 12:12 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Misunderstanging is not my goal Andrej
And friendship and knowledge is surely what I gain from all of you.
But I would NEVER EVER vote any of you guys, EVER.
That's not what I am here for.
Also, please consider one more thing:
Jorel claims he asked Karl to leave the mods area.
It was not Karl that decided to do so - Karl can you confirm that?
Eventually, and taking into account what happent recently, I am sure that if my above assumption is right, Karl would have taken such decision without Jorel's request.
But nevertheless,let me remind you all, that mentally insane or not, rude or not, HE IS one of us.
And if I would never vote any of you guys, I can't vote Jorel, ok?
It's not because it is Jorel, it is because he is one of US.
If Karl or Mercy wants Jorel away from the forum, fine.
But don't come asking me to ban any of you guys, period.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #15  
12-08-2004, 12:17 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
It was not Karl that decided to do so - Karl can you confirm that?
Yes indeed, he was the one who asked me to remove him.

-Karl
Reply With Quote
  #16  
12-08-2004, 12:34 PM
glänzend glänzend is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
If Karl or Mercy wants Jorel away from the forum, fine.
But don't come asking me to ban any of you guys, period.
Cheers

whoa, rui, I don't want anyone out of anywhere,

I was the one who said, that the situacion should not be taken so hard and if he writes something not apropiate for the forums then have the mods erase it.

I also think its wrong to be discussing him so extensively here or anywhere he can't see, becase he can't defend himself.

I don't think is right to be talking about him or anyone else for that mater behind his back.

Please don't get me wrong, I understand he was banned for a month or so from another site, maybe if he takes a vacation he will come back refresh and there will be peace for everyone again.

ciao
glänzend
Reply With Quote
  #17  
12-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually he wasn't banned, he did post after wmansir interfered with "that" thread, unless things have taken another turn in private, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

In fact, he has been deleted from the D9 forum completely, his member status is Guest and his posts cannot be searched for! I happened to remember a thread in which he wrote so I checked things out there.
I don't know if it's Doom9 himself who decided to do that or if jorel asked to be removed.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
12-08-2004, 01:44 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
He did ask to be removed at D9.
It so happens that D9 himself must have felt a bit unconfortable with that, as he took several days to remove Jorge.
Or maybe he was too busy...
As to talking about Jorel in his backs, I am with Mercy.
We can PM each other and say what we want in each others backs, but here at the Mods forum we make it public amongst ourselves.
I just imagine that if I leave the board of mods and happen to pick a fight with any of you, what kind of words will be written here about me!
That's not fair for someone that - to have become a Mod - has given so much to the forum as Jorel did.

@Prodater64
You said he was I tiran in the "fundamental's truth" thread in the PTG forum.
Did you tell him so?
If you're saying you were his friend you should have done so, right?
I've told him more than a 1000 times that he has to stop assaulting the moderators and that he has to address people with politeness.
But he just doesn't hear me.
He's stuck with the truth.
He will actually do anything to be honest and to enforce the truth.
It just happens so, that his truth is different than some of us truth.
But he hasn't given up on my friendship just because I don't agree with him.
But if you're so worried about the "fundamental's truth" thread in the PTG forum, I could ask Jorel a copy of it.
I'm quite sure he will provides a copy if he has it with him.
Then maybe we can get to see who was being a tiran, there
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #19  
12-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
@Prodater64
You said he was I tiran in the "fundamental's truth" thread in the PTG forum.
Did you tell him so?
If you're saying you were his friend you should have done so, right?
I've told him more than a 1000 times that he has to stop assaulting the moderators and that he has to address people with politeness.
But he just doesn't hear me.
He's stuck with the truth.
He will actually do anything to be honest and to enforce the truth.
It just happens so, that his truth is different than some of us truth.
But he hasn't given up on my friendship just because I don't agree with him.
But if you're so worried about the "fundamental's truth" thread in the PTG forum, I could ask Jorel a copy of it.
I'm quite sure he will provides a copy if he has it with him.
Then maybe we can get to see who was being a tiran, there
Cheers
I thought that this talking was ended. As I say you another thread that you are recalling here now. Why you recall this question again?
About your question, is the thread in itself that say Jorel "don't be a tiran", in a diplomatic way. Also J and me, have PM and it was all. I saw my concience satisfied (satisfecha) posting that thread, and I coud not do another thing. But, it was in the past, I don't want to talk about this anymore, please, don't ask me again about this as already is very clear that you have another opinion than me and vice versa. I don't want to talk about Jorel with nobody more. I will moderate his posts as my concience say me, it is all. About ban Jorel I would give him another oportunity, but if he has same behaviours, I would ban him for sure.

Edited: Related to last news, I am seriously thinking about withdraw Jorel of my friend list.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
12-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
We can PM each other and say what we want in each others backs, but here at the Mods forum we make it public amongst ourselves.
Man, this is the purpose of a moderator's forum ! To discuss about moderation and moderating purposes !
Using pm IS talking in the back because there is no trace (inbox are emptied once full), no witness, nothing.

Quote:
I've told him more than a 1000 times that he has to stop assaulting the moderators and that he has to address people with politeness.
But he just doesn't hear me.
And you still don't want to take the real and only choice that we have now ? You tell to someone "more than one thousand of time" to stop making things and you are againt more drastic "punishment" ?
How much time your father told you to stop to do something before he slamed your bottom ? Suremy not "more than one thousand" times

Quote:
He will actually do anything to be honest and to enforce the truth.
To enforce HIS truth ! That is not the same at all !
Read again the last thread : he start to jump onto anyone that did not share his advice to remove the thumbnails of your guide to use links and bypass the original site publicity !
(I remind that such behaviour is called leeching. Jorel... honest ?)

And when pro wrote "you are not author guide" (talking about THIS guide, nothing more) he jump onto him telling "who are you ? You know nothing ! did you go to all other forums on the net ? Do you know all my aliases ? Never tell things you don't know mister "wise man"

For sure, noone saw that : this is the first post I erased from the thread, and this is where all started !

Quote:
It just happens so, that his truth is different than some of us truth.
But he hasn't given up on my friendship just because I don't agree with him.
I don't either, but I won't let my dearest friend insulting me day after day in real life without kicking his ass (gently, because it is my friend, but...). Would you ?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I've had enough of Jorel vmesquita Off-topic Lounge 4 10-30-2004 12:17 PM
Where is jorel? glänzend Off-topic Lounge 7 08-03-2004 08:01 PM
Hey! ¿ Where's Jorel ? el_mero_zooter Off-topic Lounge 8 02-23-2004 09:31 PM
Where is Jorel? kwag Off-topic Lounge 22 02-07-2004 01:50 PM
Hey, where's Jorel? el_mero_zooter Off-topic Lounge 4 08-22-2003 11:16 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd