Quantcast War in Iraq - Page 4 - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #61  
05-19-2003, 04:45 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
PS: If anyone was hoping not to have any more discussion on this, I'm sorry, ...was just trying to answer jorel's questions..
....with an anti-US spin- nice!
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #62  
05-20-2003, 04:34 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pyro...
"...was just trying to answer jorel's questions.."
wow

thanks "pyrofire" friend for "hot" news.
now i know a little more coming from you, the news out of my country.


Boulder...
"...too busy hanging around the forum to even watch the news or read the days newspaper,..."
here is better my friend,
the news really bore me. i only see more bad news than good news
or someone thinking in the better way to take our money,don't?
i can't stand ...everyday is....
"one kill other","bang" here,"kaboom" there and tons:
bla,bla,bla,bla,bla....and more lies.

here i (we )have friends and the brain is working,nobody try
to put bad news in your (our) head.
see here...people like you.... happy, speak the true with friendship

Kwag...
"Or "Tron""
you're a joker


friendalunit...
"....with an anti-US spin- nice!"
you have a special place here in our hearts my friend,
any government can't take our feelings for you,
the news or government fingers can't do it!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
05-20-2003, 10:06 AM
PyRoMaNiA PyRoMaNiA is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: a PAL land (UK)
Posts: 408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovg64
Pyro where you not in the movie X-Men
LOL Wish I was, that "manipulation" Pyro did with fire was pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
....with an anti-US spin- nice!
It was mostly unintentional.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
05-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Canman Canman is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
war is over?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
any strange bomb found?
No, but you try searching an area as big as Iraq. If you think it's easy then think again and use common sense (smirk, pyro!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
sadan is dead?
Hopefully, but I doubt it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
the future of Irak...have future?
A much better future now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
the people from this nation.
What nation? Iraq? Some are grateful (most) some are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
the opinion from people of others nations.
Dunno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
happy ending?
For the Iraqi people, definately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
who win?
Iraqi people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
who loose?
Saddam and his followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
how much money was needed?
Who cares when it's in a good cause!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
Irak have to pay with petrol for this?
Sure, because Saddam has run away with all the money. It's only fair, and NOTHING is for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
colonise Irak nation(and people) ?
Iraqi stays put, and see the news, Iraqi's controls the country soon again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
George Bush is happy? (hairstyle again?)
and "Poney" Blair?
Who cares if they are happy. A country has been liberated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
what more?
I'll tell you what more. Pyro seems to be wearing blindfolds. If he honestly think that they should have found weapons by now. Iraq is big.

Now Pyro, this was another way of answering. And far better, without your "pro dictator view"! I guess you haven't heard about the mass grave outside bagdad with 15000 corpses. That is almost 10x as many as was killed in the war (of iraqi people). So... You know it was a just cause. Just because you don't like Bush or Blair doesn't mean that the cause wasn't a good one, you just can't admit it when you're wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
05-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just a few words to close this on my behalf:

You can't argue opinions.

Everyone is right and yet everyone is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
05-20-2003, 12:02 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder
Just a few words to close this on my behalf:

You can't argue opinions.

Everyone is right and yet everyone is wrong.
sure Boulder.

Canman
don't bore yourself.
i can't see in your avatar but seems that you are american.

this is only my opinion and i don't want to bore you:

someone came to others house,want to kill the chief,
take his money to pay what he wants... and "pray":
...bla,bla,bla.......coca cola......bla,bla,bla....McDonalds...
bla,bla,bla...and justice for all!
justice at his own eyes?

and in his money is write:
in GOD we trust!

i'm not against americans,
i have 3 great friends that take his fathers to
my house to meet me....i have photo with his fathers
and if you want i send to your mail.
we pass a big days in my house and i love this friends.
but,i can't understand...or better,i understand the intentions
of the american government.
he wants power and money.
think, in the world have others countries that give
more dangerous problems than Irak.
why the american government don't go there?

and the worse is:
take his boys to die and kill in another country for money
this i can't understand.

see,this is only what i think cos the news came from
americans tvs and he talks what he wants.

sorry my hard words,they are against government, not people!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
05-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Jellygoose Jellygoose is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,288
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That thing with the "Pro-Dictator-View" was the worst thing I've ever heard here since I visited this forum for the first time sorry!
I wanna write so much more, but I'm holding back for now...
I just wanna say so much:

I'm scared of the future-life of my future-children, because the world is getting more crazy and worse with every day. And no war, for whatever reason will change this, because violence always causes violence again.
sad but true.
__________________
j3llyG0053
Reply With Quote
  #68  
05-20-2003, 04:00 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyRoMaNiA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
Irak have to pay with petrol for this?
Yep, Iraq's oil supply will now be used to feed America's requirements.
This was the worst thing I've heard in this forum ever.

To actually think that the war is about oil to me just seems absolutely absurd. It's about stopping terrorism, period. Besides the ~3000 lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001- the attacks cost NYC up to $95 billion and the us economy has taken a trillion dollar hit. Saddam's weapons of mass destruction and terrorism funding was the reason for the war- not the stupid oil- wake up!

Reply With Quote
  #69  
05-20-2003, 05:51 PM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@rendalunit - September 11 was horrible - period. No one can deny that.

BUT.....

I think you've been watching too much Fox or CNN. Name me one Iraqi who has been proven to have anything to do with 9-11. Name me one Iraqi official who was proven to either have a link to the event, or who is proven to have financed or housed any member of the terrorist group?


..Any luck


...No - because no one can. I feel sorry for you in America, because your news coverage is so appalingly biased. I get CCN in england and its almost painful to watch. I feel lucky to live in a country where our main tv channel (BBC) is not based on profits and ratings and does its best to portray a balanced view.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
05-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Bchteam Bchteam is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
This was the worst thing I've heard in this forum ever.

To actually think that the war is about oil to me just seems absolutely absurd. It's about stopping terrorism, period. Besides the ~3000 lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001- the attacks cost NYC up to $95 billion and the us economy has taken a trillion dollar hit. Saddam's weapons of mass destruction and terrorism funding was the reason for the war- not the stupid oil- wake up!
I think, that you are very influenced by the one-sided US Media. I watched MSNBC News and I can imagine, if somebody's watching that crap all the time, then he might believe the lies, they are telling.

And as you can see right now, no weapons were found, no terrorists camps were found in Iraq.Why? Because there is no terrorists and weapons of mass destruction there. But I can tell what you are going to find in Iraq soon. You're gonna find some of Dick Cheney's Halliburton workers, who will take the oil.

The U.S. Government is just a bunch of rich liars, controlled by the oil industry. Guess who spondored George W. Bush's election campaign??? Texaco, Chevron, Exxon, etc. Now the US Government has to pay back.

Enron is also a good example. The Bush Family and the Family of the former Enron Boss Kenneth Lay had a good contact with each other, but when the Enron scandal came up Bush called him a bad man.

There are so much other example's, that can proof what this war war really about...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
05-21-2003, 01:41 PM
PyRoMaNiA PyRoMaNiA is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: a PAL land (UK)
Posts: 408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, I didn't mean to offend anyone ...but just to clear a few things up:
1. I agree that Saddam Hussein is an evil dictator that had to be stopped.
2. I agree that September 11th was a terrible thing to happen.
3. Being anti-war does not make me pro-dictator.
4. It is my opinion that the war in Iraq is for oil.
5. It is my opinion that there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
6. No, I do not like Blair or Bush, and no I do not like the American government. I also believe Saddam could have been stopped by more peaceful means. No, I do not approve of attacking a much more defenceless country while leaving more dangerous situations untouched.

If people have problems with these views, I won't post on this subject again.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
05-21-2003, 03:48 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
Name me one Iraqi who has been proven to have anything to do with 9-11
I didn't say that IRAQ had anything to do with 9/11, didn't mean to imply it and haven't heard any reports about that- it just seems that some people forgot that it ever happened.

Quote:
I think you've been watching too much Fox or CNN
Why because I believe that the war on Iraq began because we felt that they were a threat to our national security? I think that based on what we have found in Iraq so far; mass grave sites, suicide bomb belts, large caches of US dollars likely obtained from "oil for food" bribes, imprisoned children- then ends justifies the means. I will feel much better though when- not if- we find the WMD so that this war will be justified to people like you but maybe even that wouldn't be enough and maybe you think that Saddam should have been allowed to have WMD because Bush has them too-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchteam
There are so much other example's, that can proof what this war war really about...
proof huh!? Let's see it please. I can tell that your opinions arent swayed by your news source-- Al Jezeera right? LOL
Reply With Quote
  #73  
05-22-2003, 10:04 AM
PyRoMaNiA PyRoMaNiA is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: a PAL land (UK)
Posts: 408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know I said I wouldn't post again but I feel I just have to respond to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
I didn't say that IRAQ had anything to do with 9/11, didn't mean to imply it and haven't heard any reports about that- it just seems that some people forgot that it ever happened.
In that case why did you feel the need to bring it up in the middle of a debate about Iraq? Two nukes were dropped on Japan by America. It was a terrible thing to happen too, but that doesn't mean it should be brought up for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
I will feel much better though when- not if- we find the WMD so that this war will be justified to people like you but maybe even that wouldn't be enough and maybe you think that Saddam should have been allowed to have WMD because Bush has them too-
And what if they're not found? Will the war still be justified to you? And wouldn't it be better if neither Saddam nor Bush had WMD? Or would that leave the US too "vulnerable"?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
05-23-2003, 01:10 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyRoMaNiA
In that case why did you feel the need to bring it up in the middle of a debate about Iraq?
I mentioned the 9/11 attacks because that event has started the US' global war on terrorism campaign and Iraq was put on Bush's list of evil nations because of it's weapons of mass destruction programs. So if the attacks on Sept. 11 hadn't happened I don't think we would've gone to war with Iraq because our awareness of terrorism threats in our own land would be lower and we wouldn't have such a strong motivation to stop these threats.

Quote:
And what if they're not found? Will the war still be justified to you?
Absolutely not. The Bush administration stated that we should go to war because of Iraq's wmd so IMO this is the only acceptable reason to go to war and I feel that they must find the WMD or proof that it was destroyed. However though, I do feel that the final outcome is for the best- Saddam is gone and the Iraqi people have been liberated.

Quote:
And wouldn't it be better if neither Saddam nor Bush had WMD?
Yes it would be better if WMD did not exist in the world- but that's just wishful thinking

Lastly I want to apologize to anyone I've offended with my comments- PyRoMaNiA, jamesp, Bchteam, jorel- I think i was outta line. I hear so much Bush bashing on the talk radio stations I listen to and it gets really old. People are quick to dismiss the possibility that Iraq has hidden WMD in its vast land or smuggled it out to Syria or Iran. I'm taking their word for the reason we went to war in the first place for now but if time goes by and nothing is found I will admit that this war was about securing oil supplies in the middle-east and that would be sad because I don't believe in killing for oil.

Sorry again- now I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this topic
Reply With Quote
  #75  
05-23-2003, 04:08 PM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@rendalunit

MAN - Don't apologise!

Just remember, at the end of the day we're all small people who in the grand scheme of things don't have a real say - and we're all also in this forum for one reason - KVCD

You never offended me - i just don't agree with the war and you do. Remember, just because because i was anti war doesn't mean i'm anti american, anti british or anti you. We live in a democracy - we've all got a right for our views!

Keep well mate, and don't be afraid to speak your mind!

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #76  
05-23-2003, 06:36 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
see?


friend jamesp wrote:
"You never offended me"...
"i was anti war doesn't mean i'm anti american, anti british or anti you. We live in a democracy - we've all got a right for our views"
"Keep well mate, and don't be afraid to speak your mind"

"friendalunit" wrote;
"Lastly I want to apologize to anyone I've offended with my comments- PyRoMaNiA, jamesp, Bchteam, jorel- I think i was outta line."

for this reason i did this thread here without fear.
i never find one administrator like Kwag and forum like this.
here, the people are wise and friendly and i
or another member never had intentions to hurt.
your wise my friends is the best with your friendship.

friendalunit you never need to apologize with me my dear.
i love this place and people and
you are special for this forum and for me

@ all
thanks for friendship, education, wise and knowledge.
you are the best.
do you feel the same?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
05-23-2003, 06:51 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
- and we're all also in this forum for one reason - KVCD
That's something we agree on Cheers!

-ren
Reply With Quote
  #78  
05-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Bchteam Bchteam is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The German Media Network ZDF reported:

Quote:
The Vice Secretary of defense Paul Wolfowitz has conceded, that the Question of Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction was only used for politic reasons. Baghdads Weapons of mass destruction were never the main reason for an US war, Wolfowitz told the british "Vanity Fair" magazine.
The US Governernment concentrated for this topic, because of bureaucratic reasons, because it was a reason, that everyone could agree with, said Wolfowitz to the magazine.
Sorry for my bad translation, but I think Wolfowitz confirmed what most of us already knew.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
05-30-2003, 03:48 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchteam
The German Media Network ZDF reported:

Quote:
The Vice Secretary of defense Paul Wolfowitz has conceded, that the Question of Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction was only used for politic reasons. Baghdads Weapons of mass destruction were never the main reason for an US war, Wolfowitz told the british "Vanity Fair" magazine.
The US Governernment concentrated for this topic, because of bureaucratic reasons, because it was a reason, that everyone could agree with, said Wolfowitz to the magazine.


Sorry for my bad translation, but I think Wolfowitz confirmed what most of us already knew.
here's one article about that http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?o...11775EA583A990

"The Vice Secretary of defense Paul Wolfowitz has conceded, that the Question of Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction was only used for politic reasons." - until i read the Vanity Fair article, I will assume this is a mis-quote by ZDF.

ren
Reply With Quote
  #80  
05-31-2003, 02:32 AM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This makes feel sick! If this is true, what about all the shit America (and the UK - i know!) said about France and Germany and their UN Votes. Can our leaders be tried under international law?



Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchteam
The German Media Network ZDF reported:

Quote:
The Vice Secretary of defense Paul Wolfowitz has conceded, that the Question of Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction was only used for politic reasons. Baghdads Weapons of mass destruction were never the main reason for an US war, Wolfowitz told the british "Vanity Fair" magazine.
The US Governernment concentrated for this topic, because of bureaucratic reasons, because it was a reason, that everyone could agree with, said Wolfowitz to the magazine.


Sorry for my bad translation, but I think Wolfowitz confirmed what most of us already knew.
here's one article about that http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?o...11775EA583A990

"The Vice Secretary of defense Paul Wolfowitz has conceded, that the Question of Iraqi Weapons of mass destruction was only used for politic reasons." - until i read the Vanity Fair article, I will assume this is a mis-quote by ZDF.

ren
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd