Quantcast Convert KVCD to Xvid? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
09-28-2004, 07:12 PM
dj2000mk dj2000mk is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi i see on this forum all of the guides are about something to kvcd but i need a guide for kvcd to xvid or divx...something...
thank you very much
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
09-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You are in the wrong place, as you can suspect. The clue is in your own words.
Where you obtained yours KVCDs?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
09-29-2004, 03:31 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry guy, the brain surgery section is in the other building, just nearby the eye surgery area. We can have an appointement for you
Reply With Quote
  #4  
09-29-2004, 04:01 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
" "
Reply With Quote
  #5  
09-29-2004, 06:03 AM
stephanV stephanV is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you could have just pointed him to another forum or something... one joke is fine, but we don't need the whole mod-crew running over him right?

dj2000mk: go to doom9.org... you probably can find something useful there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
09-29-2004, 07:09 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Yep, u are right! My " +lol+ " was based on that "harmed eyes" part of the post before which youll get when re-compressing an already compressed source --- I think that clearifies the subject.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
09-29-2004, 08:53 AM
stephanV stephanV is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so what? everybody is re-compressing already compressed sources. DVDs are compressed, some people convert XviD to KVCD/KDVD. i guess we're all blind then :P

recompressing is not hardly as bad as everybody always says it is.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
09-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanV
i guess we're all blind then :P
No for sure. Only people telling that the result is good, are
(I'm talking about Xvid <--> (K)(S)VCD jobs).
Quote:
recompressing is not hardly as bad as everybody always says it is.
If you tell so : YOU'RE RIGHT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
09-29-2004, 09:11 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanV
so what? everybody is re-compressing already compressed sources. DVDs are compressed, some people convert XviD to KVCD/KDVD. i guess we're all blind then :P
I think you can interprete in my post (and from the title of this thread !?) that I didnt mean "not that much compressed" sources like DVDs (as you pointed to it).

Its everybodies own choice you're right ... but not my (own personal) first choice as I never got xvid sources I used then to burn on kvcd or Kdvd.

And I add this as you might mix up things:

I never said "dont do it" but gave a statement based on my own taste if you allow

Its like if someone asks "How can I jump down from the top of the building??" .......
So it makes less sense answering "just jump but wear a shirt as it could get could while you fall down" ....
So why just don't answer "You'd better use the elevator" .... and after some time (and experiences) he shurely will reply "Yep youre right, ... maybe takes more time but that choice doesnt hurt!)


EDIT: And beside we are talking here about compression and re-compression I do see the clear problem in here mentioned by Prodater that he also could ask "How can I do compress my DVD to XVID" as everybody who gots a kvcd also gots the original.

To have the original sources to work with ... that's what EVERY legal forum and its rules do expect. Here doom9, vcdhelp, gleitz.de, .. everywhere
Reply With Quote
  #10  
09-29-2004, 02:20 PM
stephanV stephanV is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Its everybodies own choice you're right ... but not my (own personal) first choice as I never got xvid sources I used then to burn on kvcd or Kdvd.
Then why have this part of the forum? it only helps with recompressing already compressed sources...

Quote:
I never said "dont do it" but gave a statement based on my own taste if you allow
perhaps he has a good reason for it?

Quote:
Its like if someone asks "How can I jump down from the top of the building??" ....... So it makes less sense answering "just jump but wear a shirt as it could get could while you fall down" ....
So why just don't answer "You'd better use the elevator" .... and after some time (and experiences) he shurely will reply "Yep youre right, ... maybe takes more time but that choice doesnt hurt!)
Not a good comparison... perhaps the difference between taking the stairs down or the elevator.

Quote:
EDIT: And beside we are talking here about compression and re-compression I do see the clear problem in here mentioned by Prodater that he also could ask "How can I do compress my DVD to XVID" as everybody who gots a kvcd also gots the original.

To have the original sources to work with ... that's what EVERY legal forum and its rules do expect. Here doom9, vcdhelp, gleitz.de, .. everywhere
Everybody whos a got a avi with XviD and MP3 has got the original (or is capping in a very weird way)... so this part of the forum would be mostly illegal?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to convert Xvid/divx and mp4 to kvcd? chillard1 Video Encoding and Conversion 1 01-24-2006 02:59 PM
How to convert Xvid to KVCD? owens_2k Video Encoding and Conversion 3 09-03-2004 04:08 PM
Best way to convert xvid with ac3 to kvcd? bruce_wein Video Encoding and Conversion 20 05-05-2004 12:35 AM
Convert Xvid animation to kvcd? khusru Video Encoding and Conversion 7 02-23-2004 04:33 AM
How to convert Xvid to kvcd? serrabastien Video Encoding and Conversion 3 07-10-2003 06:09 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd