Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-14-2017, 09:28 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,442 Times in 2,075 Posts
Updated March 2024

My workflows give you everything needed for a quality capture. VCR > TBC > capture card. All JVC VCRs are S-VHS decks with line TBC. Simply add you own computer (or I can build one for you; desktop, laptop, or MiniPC), and (of course) your source tapes! Workflows are fully tested as a set, and are not random items tossed together, as that often leads to workflow conflicts.

Available:

NTSC:
2 @ $4395 premium workflow (JVC S-VHS A+/-, Cypress TBC A+, ATI 600 or Pinnacle USB capture card)
1 @ $3395 workflow (JVC HR-S7800 S-VHS A-, Cypress TBC B-, ATI 600 or Pinnacle USB capture card)
1 @ $2495 budget workflow (JVC HR-S9500 S-VHS B+ ** see note, modded/preset DVK TBC(ish), ATI 600 or Pinnacle USB capture card)

PAL:
1 @ $3475 (USD) premium workflow (PAL JVC S-VHS, Cypress TBC, Pinnacle USB capture card)

PM if interested.

These setups will do almost anything you need and want. VHS tapes will kneel before you!

^^ Budget workflows, when available, are B+ JVCs, composite TBC or s-video/comp TBC(ish), and still recommended capture cards. These still do an admirable job, but whether you can use it heavily depends on your project sources.

These have been thoroughly tested, refurb'd/serviced where needed, then re-tested. Each is in perfect condition. Remember, my tests are not silly "it played a tape" or "it powers on" type nonsense you find on eBay/etc. I look for flaws with color, timing, the transport, alignment, audio, etc. This is equipment that I used, and it met my stringent expectations. Most of it is in cosmetically flawless condition.

For some strange reason, back in 2022, I'd gotten requests for "pictures", as if that tells you anything about these units. While the cosmetics on all my items is excellent, sometimes even like-new, it's the performance that matters. No mere photo can show that. You can already use Google to find photos of what these units look like, if you're curious. In the few instances where images are not readily available, all a photo would tell you is "Wow, a boring box/stick/VCR!" It's a waste of my time to take photos, and a waste of yours to view them. So I don't do "pictures". I'm not some Craigslist/Facebook/etc random person.

^ These are NTSC workflows. However, for PAL users, you can get the TBC and capture card from me, and then I'll help you select the best VCR from a reputable EU market. I can also acquire, test, realign, clean, and refurb (as needed) a PAL deck, as needed.

Budget workflow note: While DataVideo TBC-1000s (and similar) are nice, here's a chance to get an entire workflow for the cost of just that TBC. Includes JVC S-VHS VCR with line TBC, a decent TBC option, and the capture card. Everything is refurbished, then tested as a kit; not simply random items shoved together. I'm somewhat proud of my workflows, from budget grade to premium, as these have helped so many users of this site, towards meeting their analog videotape conversion goals. Will you be next? I likely will not be assembling these types of non-premium workflows anymore, so don't miss out.

* Free upgrade to A+ if available. A+ is a very difficult grade to get. But I try!
** AIW is a $100 upgrade, if AIW is available.
As of Dec 2021, due to taking a much-needed break from most JVC S-VHS VCR refurb work (as discussed here), workflow availability is obviously also effected.

As of Feb 2020, my workflows are mostly built when ordered, and therefore have a 2-4 week lead time until completion/shipping. Availability of workflows also depends on availability of TBCs and VCRs, though I generally have a few of each on-hand. Workflow price ranges from $ (B+ gear) to $ (A+ premium gear).
My premium workflows/"kits" include:
- recommended VCR: A-/A+ JVC S-VHS with internal line TBC
- recommended TBC: external full-frame framesync TBC
- recommended USB capture card

0 @ $ premium workflow (A- JVC S-VHS, DataVideo/Cypress TBC, choice of non-AIW** USB capture card)
0 @ $ budget workflow (JVC S-VHS A-, Cypress TBC B+, ATI 600 or Pinnacle USB capture card)
0 @ $ budget workflow (JVC S-VHS B+, composite Cypress TBC, ATI 600/clone or Pinnacle USB capture card)
0 @ $ budget workflow (A+ JVC non-TBC S-VHS* ES15 as minimalist TBC(ish), choice of non-AIW** USB capture card)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Last edited by lordsmurf; 03-12-2024 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Update 3-12
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: Aya_Rei (08-27-2023), Jtm732 (01-16-2018)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-24-2017, 01:53 AM
Site Staff | Video

Had some PMs. Yes, still available.

-- updated --

More sets now gone.

-- updated --

I started out with large stacks of hardware that filled a large walk-in closet.
Now it barely fills a cupboard.

Almost gone now.

02-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Free Member

Do you have any left?
02-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Free Member

Are these still available?
02-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Site Staff | Video

Probably.

I need re-test some gear in workflows, doing that now. When it comes to workflows, not everything likes everything. Some cards dislike some TBCs/VCRs, some VCRs hate some TBCs/cards, etc. It requires lots of testing. It's not just random gear thrown together.

I have a few JVC VCRs left, and a refurb'd AG-1980P that I've decided to part with.
A couple of capture cards.
But on the TBC front, a new-in-box TBC-1000, and a few others.
My capture systems are all gone now.

I can maybe make one more workflow for $775, but the rest would be made up of some premium hardware (like the 1980), and it'll be into the $900s or more depending on what you get.

Right now, I'm trying to repair/refurb a pair of JVC SRs. I've been putting it off for years, but now it's time.

-- Update --

I've packaged together two final kits in a workflow.

And that'll be it for now. No more. Get it while available!

02-22-2018, 10:30 AM
Free Member

What comprises the kits you have remaining and do you have any stand-alone TBCs? The primary tapes I want to transfer are the SVHS tapes from the 90's that I made with the JVC GFS-550 SVHS camcorder. It took a full-sized tape and recorded SP. Any chance the camcorder could serve as the S-video source? The best I have outside those is my JVC HRS 8000U deck but, according to other posts on this site, it does not have a built in TBC. I doubt if the camcorder does either, but I'm not sure. I do have an ATI All-In-Wonder 7500 capture card that I might be able to rig with Windows 2000 or XP for capture if you have no capture cards left.
02-22-2018, 10:34 AM
Site Staff | Video

Yes, PM me.

02-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Free Member

What workflows do you have available? I don't need a capture card...just VCR and TBC
03-07-2018, 03:48 AM
Site Staff | Video

Updated.
Note: The $775 workflow will not be split up.

03-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Free Member

What exactly is in the $775 workflow? Is it the JVC SR Professional S-VHS or the Panasonic AG-1980P?; TBC-1000 or something else?; AIW card or USB 600?
03-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExUSAF_AV View Post
What exactly is in the $775 workflow? Is it the JVC SR Professional S-VHS or the Panasonic AG-1980P?; TBC-1000 or something else?; AIW card or USB 600?
Let's continue this in PM.

My AG-1980P are gone, never even put those on the marketplace. I withdrew another, decided not to sell for fear I'd never see another on in that condition should I want/need another one someday.

TBC is another model.

Not AIW AGP/PCI/PCIe/USB, either ATI 600 USB, or a specific Tevion (not any Tevion).

04-14-2018, 12:19 PM
Free Member

Do you have any pal-workflows avaiable for sale?
05-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3LixBl0m View Post
Do you have any pal-workflows avaiable for sale?
Still no PAL, having hard time repairing the VCR...

... but still a couple NTSC left.

My USB ATI 600 capture cards will for sure work for PAL.
And then most of my TBCs will as well. All DataVideo, all Cypress.
Just no PAL VCR. However, if you get anything of mine, I'll help you track down a good unit!

05-31-2018, 05:23 AM
Free Member

How much for a capture card and tbc that both works for PAL? I already have a PAL Vhs called JVC Super VHS ET S6700. Do you have anything that Will work smoothly together with that? Any thoughts about the VCR I have?
05-31-2018, 04:32 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3LixBl0m View Post
How much for a capture card and tbc that both works for PAL?
Do you have anything that Will work smoothly together with that?
For a PAL-capable TBC, maybe. My last DataVideo is pending at the moment. I have a few more TBCs to refurb, but not sure how long before those are available.

PM me.

Threadjack cleaning...

F3LixBl0m's question about the VCR, and related replies by Bogilein and myself, was moved here:
http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...-card-tbc.html

ExUSAF_AV's question about Hi8 workflows was moved here:
http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...-sony-8mm.html

04-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Site Staff | Video

I have enough pieces to build a few more workflows. My previous workflows had been sold out for 11 months, so gets these while I have them.

08-05-2019, 03:45 AM
Site Staff | Video

Updated the list.

After this year, I will likely only keep 2-3 pre-made workflows at any time. Anything else would be custom built. Probably no more individual VCRs and capture cards. Just TBCs and workflows. Still undecided at the moment. I can make a lot of nice workflows right now, so if you're on the fence about it, now is the time to act.

08-21-2019, 05:01 PM
Free Member

Don't need the VCR, what is the cost for a good TBC + Capture setup?
11-06-2019, 12:00 AM
Free Member

Lord-
Have anything at this time?
The following users thank jridge16 for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-11-2020)
11-15-2019, 05:29 PM
Free Member

Do you have a Pinnacle 710, and will this work with the ComWorld TBC that you sold me in Sept.

I'm using Virtual Dub and couldn't get this set up to work with Windows XP and the ATI AIW USB.

I can go back to Win 7-64 bit if this is a more stable platform. How much for the Pinnacle, and is it revision 1.0 or 2.0. What is the difference?

Just having problems with set up

Thank you!
The following users thank Sleeper XPL for this useful post: tylerchr (05-01-2020)