Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacchu
Dear Admin,
I’m resident of India, first I would like to thank you for the very exhaustive guide on blank media. I came across your guide when I faced lot of problem with Sony DVD. After referring to your guide I have now migrated to Verbatim blank media. But I have few questions to know, kindly guide me.
1. A seller in my city said that all branded media are manufactured by Moserbear India is it true?
2. Whether Verbatim DVD/CD that are manufactured in India is manufactured by Moserbear India? If so how about quality control (Yes I know you have stated in your guide, since you are guru I’m asking you directly)
3. Whether Sony caring media ID SONY16D1 that is manufactured in India is manufactured by Moserbear India?
Kindly take some time and answer this question. Thanks in advance.
Hello, welcome to the site.
NOTE: Remember to ask all tech questions in the forum, not PMs.

On to your questions...

1. No, it's not even remotely true. Most world manufacturing of optical media comes from Taiwan, but there are quite a few locations. India imports this media, too. According to chatter on Indian-related tech sites, you can find media made in Singapore, China, Taiwan and other places, in Indian establishments. For example, "made in Singapore" Verbatim DVD+R DL media.

2. Verbatim (Mitsubishi) actually oversees production of their own media, regardless of location. MBI does not "make" the media as much as MBI is just the location where it's made. It's not the same as MBI making their own MBI media. Verbatim media is excellence, from the materials used to the quality control of the manufactured discs. (I almost feel like a Verbatim salesman... yeesh...)

3. I'm not aware of SONY16D media being made by Moser Baer, no. To my knowledge, most all Sony 16x media is made for Sony (to Sony specs) by Daxon in Malaysia or Taiwan. At one time Lead Data made some media with Sony IDs (never could figure out if it was fake), though it was NOT sold under the Sony brand names. It's been a few years since I've seen or heard of LD-made Sony discs.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: Sacchu (11-22-2009)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors