Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Author, Make Menus, Slideshows, Burn

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

hello guys. I wanted to ask Admin or LS this problem. I managed to burn with Nero Vision 4 mpeg file.
Dvd decrypter in IFO mode -> womble mpeg-vcr -> Nero Vision.
What settagio video is best for this program? I hope for your response. thanks Giana
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
What is it that you're wanting to do?
Create a DVD?

If so, there are far, far better programs to use, as opposed to NeroVision. Several are even free!

The problem with Nero is that it has always forced a re-encode of already-compliant MPEG-2 video. That results in needless quality loss. Authoring software should accept ready-to-use assets with no further fuss. (Nero Vision was made early on in the AVI downloads era, and appears to assume all input is always non-compliant. These days, ConvertXToDVD is much better for that.)

For some good freeware authoring apps, see this thread: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-...ee-frills.html
Look at Simple DVD Creator, which I've started to use myself, and is attached to that post.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

LS my plan is to cut out commercials from recorded programs from the tv with my philips dvdr 5500 no hdd. I tried with simple dvd. After you save the movie in womble mpeg, open Simple DVD Creator, the load (>> video), demultiplex -> error time. Doing something wrong. I hope to solve this problem. Maybe help me with a detailed guide
05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Free Member

Nero is awful-

ive been using Powerdirector 9 and it seems pretty good
you can edit out unwanted portions and with the SVRT in mpeg-2 it doesn't do a re-encode
07-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana View Post
LS my plan is to cut out commercials from recorded programs from the tv with my philips dvdr 5500 no hdd. I tried with simple dvd. After you save the movie in womble mpeg, open Simple DVD Creator, the load (>> video), demultiplex -> error time. Doing something wrong. I hope to solve this problem. Maybe help me with a detailed guide
Did you ever resolve this?
It may have been an issue with the authorware, and not the editing software.
It's been a while, so download SDC again and try again. I know that some older versions had bugs that are now gone.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs