Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Free Member

Found your site when I had problems with Sony DVD+RWs in a Sony DVD-VX535. Very helpful info on DVD media quality.

OTOH, I was distressed to read that there seem to be no currently viable DVD recorders according to your site although the info appears a few years old. Finally, I downloaded DVD-Media-Inspector for my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.7.5 and got the message "You can't open the application. . .because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

Thought you might like to know.

Fortunately, I have Linux 10.4 and a WinXP boxes so have other means of running your other software.

Thanks for all the good info.

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Hi jgram, and thanks for the feedback.

In addition to using dedicated software, Mac OS X reveals the media ID through the System Profiler, or in burning software like Toast. Some of the freeware burning tools do, too, though I forget which specific ones do it. (I'd have to double check from my Mac.)

This is one of the method mentioned here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/medi...a-quality.html
Quote:
In Mac OS X, software such as Toast shows the ID. And then basic info about blank optical media is available in the System Profiler when a blank is inserted into the drive. No media testing, though.
If you have any other feedback, questions, etc, feel free to add them.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.