Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-12-2013, 04:14 AM
Free Member

Hi Guys, really like your website. I am trying to start my own business manufacturing learning DVD's.

I too have hit quality issues burning DVD-R media and I would like your advice. I have Pioneer DVR-S19LBK drives in my duplicator. I am currently using Verbatim 16x DVD-R 43533 printable 50 pack media. I have tried burning these disks at various speeds from 16x, 8x, 2x and I have found that 16x seems to work best. On some DVD players like the panasonic DMR-EX85 my dvd content plays flawlessly with no issues, however when I try it on an Xbox or an older DVD player it has trouble reading the disc from time to time. Content plays and then stops momentarily which is not good. Can you advise me on what Im doing wrong? Do I need to change my media? if so can you recommend suitable printable media and an appropriate burn speed?

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

There's several potential issues here.

- The best burning speed on 16x media is 8x or 12x -- not 16x.
- Confirm that these are Verbatim DataLife media, not "Life Series" discs -- the good ones, not the bad ones.
- The older DVD player may be aging out of being able toplay burned media. That happens. It's the first sign that the drive is dying.
- The XBOX tends to work better with DVD+R. Try that.

And welcome to the site.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!