Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-24-2022, 02:32 PM
Free Member

Hi there,

I bought an old S-VHS-C camcorder (JVC GR-SXM750) on ebay to digitize home videos, but I've encountered a problem.

I can't figure out how to remove the camcorder's display symbols during playback. Namely, the 'play' symbol (a triangle on its side), the tape counter (how many minutes/seconds into the tape you're at), the cassette indicator, and the tape mode (EP/LP). See the attached photo.

I downloaded a manual, and looked at it closely, but there don't seem to be any apparent solutions. While it's clear all these symbols aren't written into the footage, I just can't figure out how to export (via S-Video & composite) without them showing up too.

Does anyone have any out of the box solutions or suggestions for getting rid of these symbols and somehow exporting footage without them? Or must I just get a VCR and do it that way?

Thanks,
Alex

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0428.jpg (61.5 KB, 4 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-24-2022, 04:30 PM
Free Member

Should be in the menu (OSD OUTPUT) as noted here. Will still appear on the LCD I think.

Also, you want to make sure the TBC is enabled if it's not on already (I think it should say TBC on the on-screen display on the LCD when it is, but maybe it doesn't.) I haven't used the NTSC variant, but at least on the PAL ones the TBC does a very good job at stabilizing the image, maybe even better than on the JVC SVHS decks from what I've seen as it doesn't seem to suffer from vertical jitter though I haven't used the camcorder a lot.

A downside on the the playback on the PAL variants I have is that the chroma is a bit smeary, and also had some issues with tracking on some tapes, but idk if that's a problem on the NTSC variant.

My Video gear overview/test/repair/stuff yt channel http://youtu.be/cEyfegqQ9TU
The following users thank hodgey for this useful post: alx_stn (03-24-2022)
03-24-2022, 04:54 PM
Free Member

Thank you so much! You just made my day