Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
In another post, sanlyn mentioned that he consider Avisynth resizers to be the best.

Coincidentally, very recently I was looking into this same topic: the best resizer.

But after looking at 4-5 sample clips (both live-action and animation), and trying quite a few resizes in VirualDub and Avisynth, I was running into an old photography problem. I couldn't see any consistencies. The content kept dictating what is "best". I actually left my testing more confused than when I started.

- bicubic
- bilinear
- lanzcos
- spline

... and then a few I didn't tinker with.

@sanlyn: Which is (are?) your favorite.
@everybody else: What have you been using? Any favorites?

Hopefully we get a good conversation going.

In photo, we also have fractal, but I don't see that happening with video. And sometimes even fractal isn't the best. Just last month, I ran across some HD screenshots that kept giving better resize results with simple bicubic. Go figure.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors