Quantcast Opinions on For.A FA-310P TBC? - digitalFAQ Forum
08-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Free Member

Hello guys! Marcelo here from Argentina.

Not many of you know, but I've been hunting for a TBC for over a year now, mostly because in my country are extremely rare.

Just today I PM'd Lord Smurf about how much a Datavideo TBC-1000 goes for and I might got one in a nearby country.

However, just today, someone put up for sale TWO Broadcast TBC's.
I know rack units and broadcast equipment it's not prefered but since I have been waiting over a year to get one... and they are quite cheap actually...

So the unit its a For.A FA-310p

Manual

Anyone had any experience with this one? Opinions?

I haver read that For.A equipment it's quite good, and in some way, better than Datavideo. Altought this is a old model.

Thanks for reading! Hope you can help me!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10596.pdf (61.4 KB, 0 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 1,406 Times in 1,235 Posts
Quote:
Opinions?
Crap. Don't buy that.

Quote:
I haver read that For.A equipment it's quite good, and in some way, better than Datavideo. Altought this is a old model.
Pffft. No. Where'd you read that? For.A is mostly broadcast/rackmount gear, most are entirely unsuitable for consumer analog formats. It expects a different quality source. Even on the few models that are workable with VHS (example: FA-125), those For.A are weaker than DataVideo and Cypress. And this can be a problem for tougher VHS tapes. Note that "tougher" doesn't necessarily refer to visual quality, but rather signal quality.

I did a quick FA-125 review here: For.A FA-125 time base corrector vs. DataVideo TBCs?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Find television shows, cartoons, DVDs and Blu-ray releases at the TVPast forums.

Tags
fa-310, for.a, fora, tbc