Quantcast What is ffdshow, and Should I Install it? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
01-01-2003, 06:28 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi!

I've been reading something about ffdshow, but I don't know exactly what is it.
Can someone please tell me what is ffdshow, and if I should care installing it?

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
01-01-2003, 11:28 PM
kaos kaos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey dude ffshow is a filter and it comes in the nimo codec pack. you can use it to play some avis that comes in xvid format i think, but is not to much useful
Reply With Quote
  #3  
01-01-2003, 11:46 PM
SansGrip SansGrip is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos
Hey dude ffshow is a filter and it comes in the nimo codec pack. you can use it to play some avis that comes in xvid format i think, but is not to much useful
AFAIK ffdshow is an MPEG-4 decoder that is apparently better quality than both the DivX and XViD decoders. It also supports stuff like adding noise to hide DCT blocks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
01-01-2003, 11:48 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddib
Hi!

I've been reading something about ffdshow, but I don't know exactly what is it.
Can someone please tell me what is ffdshow, and if I should care installing it?

Thanks a lot!
you find it in doom9,
works with divx,xvid,etc....in zoomplayer,mediaplayer,......
it's fantastic and very simple to use.
correct color,bright,sharpness and lot of things.
i think that you like it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
01-02-2003, 09:07 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks fellows! I'll give it a try.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
01-03-2003, 05:33 AM
GFR GFR is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
AFAIK ffdshow is an MPEG-4 decoder that is apparently better quality than both the DivX and XViD decoders. It also supports stuff like adding noise to hide DCT blocks.
Adding noise after quantization to hide the blocks? Funny.

Both Divx and Xvid decoders have deblocking and deringing filters.

Divx5 decoder has a "FILM effect" slider that will add noise to make the movie more "analog" like...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot install Ympeg nicksteel Video Encoding and Conversion 0 11-28-2003 06:45 AM
KVCD: Notch matrix, how to use/install? shibumi Video Encoding and Conversion 1 10-27-2003 04:50 PM
Need to install AviSynth.dll file ? cham chap Avisynth Scripting 4 10-17-2003 07:46 PM
Link to AC3 codec and instructions on how to install ? EightBall Video Encoding and Conversion 1 10-13-2003 11:25 PM
KVCD: how do I use or install the templates? JoJo Video Encoding and Conversion 4 05-03-2002 10:02 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd