Quantcast Convert an .AVI File to KVCD at 352x480? but it's Going to be Elongated? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
07-16-2003, 08:23 PM
dug175 dug175 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bet this has been asked about a million times but what I can't get my head around is if I convert an .avi file to KVCD at 352x480 its going to be elongated right? The video is going to appear longer than it is wide? To me this makes no sense when I see it on the computer screen. Is this how it will appear on the tv?

Do DVD players 'unsquish' the video to fit the television screen corectly?
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
07-16-2003, 09:08 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dug175
I bet this has been asked about a million times but what I can't get my head around is if I convert an .avi file to KVCD at 352x480 its going to be elongated right?
No
Quote:
The video is going to appear longer than it is wide?
No
Quote:
To me this makes no sense when I see it on the computer screen. Is this how it will appear on the tv?

Do DVD players 'unsquish' the video to fit the television screen corectly?
The DVD player will correct the aspect ratio, and it will look correct on your TV. If you are using WMP on the computer, the image will look stretched. If you use WinDVD or PowerDVD, it will look correct.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to convert MPEG-2 file to KVCD ? Joo Nova Video Encoding and Conversion 4 06-29-2004 05:12 PM
how to convert a .bin file to a kvcd mpeg? salty3142 Video Encoding and Conversion 2 06-06-2004 09:40 PM
how to convert a KVCD mpg to a standard compliant VCD mpg file? zewarrior Video Encoding and Conversion 1 10-11-2003 09:39 AM
KVCD with DTS Audio file? convert this file to mp2? andybno1 Video Encoding and Conversion 10 05-29-2003 11:30 AM
How to convert an Rm file to kvcd? big Video Encoding and Conversion 1 03-15-2003 02:32 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd