Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Free Member

I have just installed this card - yes I iknow that it is not that new but I was hoping just to be able to do some simple video capture and avoid the DVRtoDVDRecordertoComputertoEdittoDVD loop for a few items. But I cannot get it to work - I cant get it to capture at all - I installed it with drivers and software that I downloaded from ATI and all the hardware seems to be correctly installed but if I load WMencoder 9.0 it says the video capture device is not correctly configured BUT THE CONFIGURE BUTTON IS GREYED OUT. It will not work in WIndows Movie Maker either - it says that it is being used by another program. Can anyone suggest an easy way to determine what the issue is?
The device manager says that everything is installed and operating correclty.
My computer is a Dell 2.8ghz P4, 1gb ram, 2X 320gb 7200rpm drives, WIndows XP home SP2
any insight would be appreciated.
I have installed ATI Catalyst control center and ATI Multimedia control center but I can't make peabut butter yet!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Free Member

did you run the wizard to setup the channels etc with the ATI MMC? Can you watch the tv on your PC? this is the same card I have...
07-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Free Member

The area where the wizards are is blank - it says select a wizard and click next - but there are no listings in the box. The disks that came with the card are not the right ones - I tried to dl the correct applications from ATI but I am not sure that I am getting the complete package - they make you run a disk verifier to get some of them and I cannot do that. ANyway you can make me a copy of your disk in ISO form and upload them for me - I have an online file site that you can send it to - or mail it to me?

07-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Free Member

PM me your email address and I can use www.yousendit.com to send the files.
They are off ATI's website but I know they work since I use my card daily.