Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Digital Devices

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Free Member

I want to sync music from ipod touch to my mac.However,Ipod touch wont do anything. Wont charge or sync with mac. I have tried reseting but nothing happens. Its 7months old. Any idears?
Thanks in advance.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

iTunes is the ideal software for synchronizing the contents of the iPod with folders on your Mac or Windows computer.

However, if the iPod is not working, and not doing anything at all, then it may simply be damaged. Apple logo or not, iPods are still cheaply made Chinese goods with limited lifespans. If it won't charge, and it won't connect to the computer, then the port may be damaged. Or the wire may be damaged. I don't use an iPod, but I do have an iPad, and I believe they work the same way. The connector at the bottom acts as both charge interface and computer interface, for use with USB inputs.

If the wire is damaged, that's easy to fix. Buy a new wire.
If you're impatient, you can run to the local Walmart or Apple Store, and pay big bucks.
If you can wait a few days, get one off Amazon for about $1.50 total. Yep, that's right, a buck and a half!
Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002CCUWKM

If that cheap ~$1 fix doesn't do the trick, then I would not waste time trying to repair the unit. If it's still covered by an Apple warranty, send it it. If not, just buy a new one. (I know, that's not fair, it sucks, etc etc. But it's really the only option left. Well, that and NOT buying an Apple MP3 player next time. But let's face it, cheap or not, iPod is still one of the best ones available.)

For new iPod Touch, look at both Amazon (listing of iPod Touches here) or the online Apple Store.
Consider refurbs, if buying from the Apple Store.

I'd be pretty devastated if my iPad ever conked out on me like this.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
09-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Maybe it will help you
Transfer Music from an iPod to your Mac
1.Download and install Senuti.
2.Open Senuti and familiarize yourself with its interface.
3.From the Senuti menu, select Preferences. Select Copying.
4.Connect the iPod to your Mac if you haven't already done so.
5.In the Source side-bar, click Library. Unlike iTunes, Senuti uses Library to refer to your iPod's collection of music. After you click Library, you should see the songs on your iPod.
6.Select the songs you want to copy to your Mac.
7.Click the Copy button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Senuti will move the music from the iPod to your Mac.
09-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlmi View Post
Charging should be fine, but you can't sync or transfer music from your device to PC.
09-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriolan View Post
Charging should be fine, but you can't sync or transfer music from your device to PC.
Disregard the previous post by 'pearlmi' (who is now banned due to spamming). It was left by some spammer idiot in China. The link went to a wiki written in Engrish, which itself has links to "free" software. In actuality, the link was an affiliate link to non-free software. I can only assume they would a person might buy it anyway.

They've been added to our list: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...on-thread.html
And reported to several spam lists.
Plus that entire Chinese IP range has been blocked from registering on the forum again.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!

Tags
ipod touch, mac, reset,music, sync