Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Free Member

Hello all, I've always purchased a 50 pk spindel of Verbatim's dvd+r 4.7gb discs. They never let me down, but recently I needed allot more and purchased 6 100 pk spindels. I opened the first pack and realized that the bottom of the discs are lighter than the discs from the 50 pk spindels, which were much darker to the eye.
Then I tried them out and each burnt disc from the spindel skips in my dvd player that plays the previous discs, (50pk), just fine. When i try to forward or back scan it really gets glitchy, but they work fine in my ps2.

Did I get screwed? Are they defective?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I let this post sit for a few days while I pondered the possibilities.

There is no reason for discs sold in one quantity to be any different from discs of another quantity. There are not (to my knowledge) separate assembly lines that cater only to certain spindle sizes -- that comes much farther down the assembly line. All discs are made equal, and then get packaged differently later in the system.

Have you already tested the media ID, to ensure that these are indeed MCC03RG20 1x-16x DVD-R made by Mitsubishi? They should also be packaged in Verbatim branded wrappers, and should include the sub-brand information "DataLife" or "DataLifePlus".

Or were these the Value Series discs? Those may be RITEK or CMC, and Ritek media is often darker purple, almost into brown-tinted shades of purple.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!

Tags
defect, dvd+r, verbatim