Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Free Member

Please note that the Verbatim DVDs that OfficeMax now sells are the "Life" series, which you (rightly!--in my experience, these are second grade media. I almost never got a bad disc in a spindle of the regular Verbatim DVD+R, but almost always get a few duds in a spindle of the "Life" series of Verbatim DVD+R's, using Magnavox H160MW9.) recommend in your "Blank DVD media quality review" to not buy. Since they no longer carry first quality discs, I'd recommend either dropping them to a #3 rating or at least making it clear that they no longer carry first class media.

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Welcome to the site.

"Life Series" Verbatim are not Mitsubishi media, but rather CMC or Ritek (almost purely CMC), which is already listed in lower non-archival classes on our review. See that here: Blank DVD Media Quality Review

You can still find the good non-Life/non-Value Verbatim-branded Mitsubishi (MCC) media online at the link on the guide.
Amazon and Meritline both carry the good discs.

If you have more questions or comments, please do continue here on the forum -- and not email, which is slower to reply.

Thanks for writing.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs