Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-15-2024, 05:32 AM
Free Member

Is it normal for the sound of the static screen from a tape to carry over for a brief moment? The one I have theres this low frequency thumping sound from the static screen that carries over into the footage I have samples both video and audio attached.

Attached Files
File Type: mp4 sample 1.mp4 (5.71 MB, 8 downloads)
File Type: mp3 sample-1.mp3 (199.6 KB, 3 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-15-2024, 11:48 AM
Free Member

I don't hear any static audio delay, it's perfectly timed.

https://www.youtube.com/@Capturing-Memories/videos
02-15-2024, 12:44 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
I don't hear any static audio delay, it's perfectly timed.
Its very faint a little hard to tell but the noise from the static part sort of goes into the footage I dont know if thats normal or not
02-15-2024, 04:32 PM
Free Member

I think what is meant by "static screen" is the noise pattern seen before the footage starts. There is a thumping sound then and in the footage. I'm not sure what has caused it.

whatastory, does this noise only occur on this recording? If so it can be filtered using a "high pass filter" but the filtering will also filter out some of the bass in the sound track. We have to strike a compromise setting.
02-15-2024, 08:14 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtape View Post
I think what is meant by "static screen" is the noise pattern seen before the footage starts. There is a thumping sound then and in the footage. I'm not sure what has caused it.

whatastory, does this noise only occur on this recording? If so it can be filtered using a "high pass filter" but the filtering will also filter out some of the bass in the sound track. We have to strike a compromise setting.
It actually occurs on all of them so like whenever that static black and white screen plays, that sort of noise carries on over into the footages that follow. I don't really know if theres some technical issue on my end. I have the red and white auxiliary cables connected and they're new I got them a few months ago. Cleaned the audio part of the VCR too. I don't really know if theres any way to mask it and also keep some of the bass. It seems like its sort of ingrained from the VCR.