08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Free Member

Guys...

Got a JVC DR-MH30S for a great price, but I can't find anything that mentions noise reduction circuitry. Does anyone know if it has that circuitry?

Second question...will an AVT-8710 clean up some of the noise if placed between the cable box and the DR-MH30S?

Third question...was hoping the DR-MH30S would allow me to edit out commercials, but can't seem to find a way to do that. It allows the show to be split, chaptered, etc., but nothing on deleting a section containing commercials and such. Oh, also, I can split shows thereby isolating the commercials and delete those sections, but I can't seem to rejoin the commercial-free parts.

Thoughts?

Tks...Tom

Cheers...Tom
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
JVC has "Digipure" circuits, and LSI chip has NR and chroma correction too.
Auto features, nothing for you to mess with.

AVT-8710 is not for "cleaning" really, TBC is for the signal alone.
See this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...cs-vs-535.html
Although it can clean sometimes as a side effect, maybe.

Although the 8710 does have minor proc amp controls for color, can be nifty.

No idea on the HDD editing. I hate DVD recorder editing, it's a bit sloppy. I prefer to dump the MPEG files on the computer and edit quickyly, fix anything if needed (audio or video work) and then make new menus. Cannot do that on the recorder.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
08-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Free Member

I have both and use the AVT 8710 for almost 95% of my stuff lately just because it has the added effect of a tiny proc amp so you can get just a slight bit of adjustment when you need it say for instance to help clean up some color bleed that you might feel a big proc amp like the BVP4 would be too much.

But as with all adjustments it can hurt so use with caution as you could make the bleed worse or change the color completely but its nice to have like I said for small adjustments that might be getting on your nerves. It has a sharpening function as well but I have never gotten it to do anything so I have no idea whats its intended purpose is, usually the only adjustment buttons I use on the AVT are to lower satuation or maybe adjust black and then only by pressing the + or -button once
08-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Just FYI, the AVT-8710 is the AVTOOLBOX (TV ONE) re-brand of the Cypress Technologies TBC (the CTB-100).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
08-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Free Member

This is the unit I am looking at getting and was wondering about the editing out commercials bit as well so I went to amazon and according to the items description it says " Editing using the DR-MH30S is a snap, thanks to its navigation system with thumbnail images. Editing from the hard disk to DVD is as simple as creating a playlist, and the thumbnails make it easy to find the desired scenes. Dubbing is just as easy: just select the desired scenes and press "OK".' So it appears we would need to create a playlist to edit out commercials. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0002V240G

Brent

Patience is a virtue, but when dealing with a Panasonic a sledge hammer would be so much faster.......
08-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Free Member

I've got the next model down. I've not really had a play with the editing since the easiest way is to just dump it to dvd and put it on my pc.

From there i use mpeg-vcr. Its accurate and quick. Plus i can then import them into other projects.
08-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Free Member

I still cant tackle that pc editing myself yet heh. So i need a HDD with editing capibilities so I don't have any commercials heh.

Brent

Patience is a virtue, but when dealing with a Panasonic a sledge hammer would be so much faster.......
08-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Free Member

Hey Tom did you ever figure out how to edit a show properly to keep it together without slitting it like you mentioned??

Brent