Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Free Member

Dead JVC-MX1S

My JVC -MX1S has been working perfect for many years. But suddenly it died and smoke was coming out . After some investigation I found that it probably was the powersupply that broke. I followed Lordsmurfs advice and replaced the IC STR G6653 and some resistors. But turning the power on resulted in a big bang, a flash and smoke. And the same components were gone again. So now I am thinking of replacing the power supply LPA 10249. But this component is not easy to find. From where can I order it? I have searched the net, but with no luck so far. Anyone who can help me? I would be very grateful!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

This place lists some parts for your machine including the power supply.
If this link does not work, do a search for partstore.com and then search their website.

http://www.partstore.com/Model/Matsu...earchTerm=True

___

Update:

A second look at partstore.com shows the part listed but not in stock (look before you leap?), however searching at the below JVC page did find it.

http://www.jvcservice.com/Service/JMdlPrtXrf.asp
03-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,442 Times in 2,075 Posts
You could always spend some time browsing eBay.com -- all of them (eBay.de, eBay.co.uk, eBay.no, etc) -- and try to win an auction for another unit. Parts-only / broken auctions may be helpful, assuming the unit isn't broken for the same reason. Or you may run into a working unit. Sometimes that's a good method for fixing rarer hardware.

What should NOT be considered is giving up and trashing your unit.

If you decide not to fix your own gear, then put it up for somebody else, who may be in need of other parts still working on yours. The drives, for example, have value as needed parts. That goes for pretty much any JVC model, including the DR-M10S and DR-M100S.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Free Member

Thank you guys for your help!
I did find the part at jvcservice.com, but
the problem is that they only ship inside US and I live in Norway. Unfortunately, this is a problem I often meet.
I am also thinking of buying a JVC SR-1250 or a Panasonic DMR BWT800 (850).
Do you think one of them would be a good replacement for the DR-MX1S ?
03-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

We can proxy for you. You can buy the part, ship it here. Pay us shipping costs, I ship it to you. Nobody has abused this, so we don't charge for it. We have to collect/send mail anyway. It takes longer, it costs you some extra shipping, but it works. We've done this to help out folks in the past. You'll lose warranty support, etc, but it can be done.

In fact, I do that with friends and colleagues in UK and Germany, for the companies that refuse to ship to USA or Canada.

Some companies just haven't yet learned that it's 2012, not 1982, and we're now a worldwide market.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.