05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Free Member

OK I am moved into my new house, I got DISH Network installed, the installer ran it through my Panasonic recorder but when I go to turn on the recorder need to switch the channel from 3 which I use to watch DISH to Video Input channel 2. Anyone on here know how to connect the dvd recorders to the DISH HDD so I can record from DISH to my DVD recorder?? I tried to change my Panasonic to ch. 3 but it didnt work. Help!!!

Brent

Patience is a virtue, but when dealing with a Panasonic a sledge hammer would be so much faster.......
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Free Member

As far as I know Brent you should be hooking up DISH via A/V cables and controlling the satellite through the receiver box.

Meaning on the Panasonic you would be recording Input 1 or 2 (Input Front or Input Rear)

It sounds more like its hooked up ass backwards, you should be able to fix that because the installer is only required to position the dish and install the wiring (and it sounds again like its ass backwards)
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Free Member

OK I did check and the reciever is hooked up through the panasonics iRF in and out. I tried to disconnect those and go with the AV cables from reciever 1 to av in and av out to my panasonics av in and my panasonics av out to my tv av in. And I tried it on ch 3, ch 4, video 1 and video 2 and only the video or L2 work for the panasonic to watch DVDs or view the menu or HDD but to watch TV I can only fdo that on ch 3. but I cannot have the panasonic on ch 3 only L@/Video2

Patience is a virtue, but when dealing with a Panasonic a sledge hammer would be so much faster.......
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Free Member

I've hooked up my Panasonic to DISH both ways, but if you've got the ViP 622, you need to be in dual mode, I think, in order for RF out to work. I've got my TV1 attached to the HD television, and TV2 attached to the recorder. So far I'm finding captions to be a challenge, though. I've got my old receiver connected through L2, my TV2 on the HD receiver connected through L1, and analogue cable through L3.
05-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Free Member

I've got the dual setup. And would like to get the panasonic setup in the living room, then eventually once I get my Pioneers remote repair have that one back up. So how do I hook this up step by step I have the Dish DVR 625.

Brent

05-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Free Member

The 625 has a completely different set of outputs from the 622 that I have. I told the installer to just hook the unit up to the TV, and then I read the manual so I could figure out the best way to hook it all up myself. Still not sure if I'm going to stick with it, since TV2 out doesn't use the S-Video output. But I'm loving having the ability to record 3 shows at once across my 2 DVRs.
05-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Free Member

I have DISH coming back out on Friday to get it all hooked up for me

Brent

05-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Free Member

Ok its all hooked up. Now I just need to wait for the "100 years, 100 Hours of John Wayne" to be over so I can then clean my Panasonic as it is not reading blank dvds again ugh.

Brent