Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-30-2022, 08:08 AM
Free Member

Greetings eveyone,

simple (?) inquiry how to properly connect a

Roland CS-10EM Binaurale (3D) earplugs

to a

ZOOM H-1n/220GE

and (if needed) both to a

Sony RX100 IV.

Goal obviously is to record video with Sony RX100 IV and audio over the Roland CS-10EM Binaurale (3D) earplugs on myself while having them plugged into the ZOOM H-1n/220GE.

But there is limited plugin slot-space.

I use a tripod with remote control plugged into the Sony RX100 IV. This uses up it's external slot, only a slot for video (to PC?) slot remains.

My main question is, which mostly makes this thread obsolete, but being new to video recording it being necessary for me to ask:

Plugging all items into my PC and record, will any device, either video camera or audio recorder have a delay when starting?

Question is due having to push "record" on both devices basicly. Or is there a software that does this all together on the PC?

Thank you big time in advance!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-30-2022, 10:41 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I can't really get a grasp on what's happening here?

Are you using the H1 as a straight field recorder or using it as a USB linked ADC which some of the later versions are capable of doing? I guess you're using this as a level translation for recording stereo microphone input to the PC?

If you want to second source I wouldn't complicate this much personally, just record a separate audio file to the Zoom and then (if using Premiere) use the auto-sync to camera diagetic (I'm sure other software can do this) -or- the oldest method, just use a clapper board or even a sharp handclap in vision and use that as your datum point for the sync'.

Unless you need to combine sources for streaming etc, I would work with separated audio and sync' them in post, but I'm not entirely clear as to what you are trying to accomplish.
04-30-2022, 11:12 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobustReviews View Post
I can't really get a grasp on what's happening here?

Are you using the H1 as a straight field recorder or using it as a USB linked ADC which some of the later versions are capable of doing? I guess you're using this as a level translation for recording stereo microphone input to the PC?

If you want to second source I wouldn't complicate this much personally, just record a separate audio file to the Zoom and then (if using Premiere) use the auto-sync to camera diagetic (I'm sure other software can do this) -or- the oldest method, just use a clapper board or even a sharp handclap in vision and use that as your datum point for the sync'.

Unless you need to combine sources for streaming etc, I would work with separated audio and sync' them in post, but I'm not entirely clear as to what you are trying to accomplish.
Can you please put this in layman's-terms?

It all is simply used for recording ASMR-type videos. Using the 3d-earplugs with their microphone, for their microphone mainly. Speech-input, while recording some tasks.

So yes, most likely a sync'ed recording from the start would be great.

Can this all be plugged into the computer and record via a software from there?

PS: Yes, it can be called streaming although the intention was not initially there to record in this way. But yes, fully stationary at home, all connected to the PC.

Last edited by asdfuser123; 04-30-2022 at 11:25 AM.