Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-21-2022, 02:27 PM
Free Member

I just discovered that I own a WinTV-HVR-950 with Analog Capture Cable, including S-Video input.Using their free prodinfo.exe download, I know it uses the TI TVP5150a decoder, which has some rather nice attributes:
Quote:
"The TVP5150A decoder converts baseband analog video into digital YCbCr 4:2:2 component video.
  • Composite and S-video inputs are supported.
  • The TVP5150A decoder includes one 9-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with 2xsampling. Sampling is ITU-R BT.601 (27.0 MHz, generated from the 14.31818-MHz crystal or oscillator input) and is line-locked. The output formats can be 8-bit 4:2:2 or 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 with embedded synchronization.
  • The TVP5150A decoder utilizes Texas Instruments patented technology for locking to weak, noisy, or unstablesignals.
  • A Genlock/real-time control (RTC) output is generated for synchronizing downstream video encoders.
  • Complementary 4-line adaptive comb filtering is available for both the luma and chroma data paths to reduce both cross-luma and cross-chroma artifacts; a chroma trap filter is also available.
  • Video characteristics including hue, contrast, brightness, saturation, and sharpness may be programmed using the industry standard I2C serial interface.
  • The TVP5150A decoder generates synchronization, blanking, lock, and clock signals in addition to digital video outputs.
  • The TVP5150A decoder includes methods for advanced vertical blanking interval (VBI) data retrieval. The VBI data processor slices, parses, and performs error checking on teletext, closed caption, and other data in several formats."
I've installed the latest (v10) drivers. It shows up as a device in Windows. But I see ZERO configuration options anywhere.

Is there a generic tool for configuring attributes of ATI 600 clone devices? I'm looking for:
  • Set input to s-Video
  • View and enable comb filters; same for chroma trap filter
  • configure hue, contrast, brightness, saturation, and sharpness
I've attached the TI spec PDF. It's found at https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tvp5150a.pdf

Attached Files
File Type: pdf tvp5150a.pdf (554.7 KB, 2 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-21-2022, 03:56 PM
Free Member

Windows drivers don't normally let you configure all that much. Usually limited to input selection, audio volume and video level/contrast/saturation. Should be able to change those things via a menu in the capture application like e.g virtualdub. (Volume on these has to be changed with a windows registry setting, can be found somewhere her eon the forums.)

On linux you can often manually change chip registers via the command line but it's a bit clunky (also the card itself doesn't store the settings on reboot/disconnect so other than stuff the driver saves any changes only last as long as it's connected and running.)

My Video gear overview/test/repair/stuff yt channel http://youtu.be/cEyfegqQ9TU
The following users thank hodgey for this useful post: MrPete (12-21-2022)