Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Free Member

Hello,

(Am noob, and first post ) Hi all, today I finally got around to trying the workflow I got from lord smurf. I have everything hooked up seemingly correctly and have gotten a successful capture from VirtualDub. I am just trying to debug these vertical lines that I noticed are present in the captured stream, which are not present if I connect the vcr output directly to the capture card, meaning the TBC is introducing it. Of course, the TBC seems to fix other playback issues but I am hoping this one can be solved with some setting tweak... I don't actually recognize the visual artifact, so not too sure where to start with fixing it. The TBC in question is an AVT-8120, serial 2238403005232. Thank you very much for checking it out, let me know if I can provide any other info. I attached two comparison images in a zip file to demonstrate the issue, which is primarily visible on the sky. You should be able to see it.

Edit: It looks like these lines are actually visible without playing any tape at all, just with the empty blue screen prior to playing anything out of the VCR.

Attached Files
File Type: 7z TBCLinesComparisonImages.7z (345.2 KB, 6 downloads)

Last edited by jgkling; 04-02-2023 at 11:43 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors