Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Free Member

Hey

I have a question. First time I installed the ATI mmc for capturing I had this problem. Second time I installed it I didn't. Then I had to format and it happened again, I have tried re-rinstalling and can't fix it.

Once I set up my TV player etc. The sound from my digital box is constantly playing thru my computer, even when the TV program is not running. How can i fix this?
thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
ATI MMC uses your sound card for audio work. It is tag-teamed and controlled by ATI MMC. ATI MMC generally mutes and unmutes your audio card inputs for whatever you select as the audio input under the Initialization Wizard in ATI MMC.

Any computer will play whatever audio is fed into it, all the time. To turn it off, unplug it, or mute that input when you don't want to hear it.

For some reason, you're not getting the input muted.

This could be it, or maybe it's not it. I don't know what "digital box" connections are being used in and out of the computer. I'd have to have a detailed map of what wires goes where, and what audio settings are in Windows, as well as ATI MMC.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs