Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-25-2016, 01:33 AM
Free Member

Hello LordSmurf, Really sorry to bother you. I have been looking for information about which TBC to buy (I am capturing my old tapes for the first time), and whenever I find a helpful thread, your name always keeps coming up, it is clear you know a lot about this subject, and I have read a lot of what you have written!

I just had one particular question. I am thinking about buying the TBC-1000 but know that it softens the image. But you said somewhere that this can be prevented by bypassing the amp? I just wondered if you might be able to point me to somewhere where I can find out about doing this? I had a look and couldn't find any answers. I am not able to solder - if that is required?

If you would prefer to speak publicly instead of privately, I invite you to reply to this thread I recently made where I have been asking for advice about these issues:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...turing-PAL-VHS

Thank you

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-25-2016, 01:37 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by via Email or PM View Post
I am thinking about buying the TBC-1000 but know that it softens the image.
Not necessarily. Some do, some don't. The VP-299 is the issue.

Quote:
But you said somewhere that this can be prevented by bypassing the amp? I just wondered if you might be able to point me to somewhere where I can find out about doing this? I had a look and couldn't find any answers. I am not able to solder - if that is required?
The hardware modding info is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...t-8710-vs.html
Several members of this site have done it to date.
Soldering required. Yes, I suck at it too, and therefore have never modded one.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs