Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-28-2016, 03:56 PM
Free Member

I've noticed that many of the posts regarding SVHS decks for the purpose of playback for digital capture are pretty much centered around JVC and Panasonic (I have both brands in my arsenal). I wanted to ask you about SONY SVHS decks (in particular the SONY SVO 2100). How would you rate this unit on playback for digital copying. I realize it wouldn't be equivalent to say a JVC HR 9600U (TBC/DNR). I recently acquired one in excellent condition (low miles) at a pretty good price.

Would an external TBC make up for the lack of an internal one?

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-30-2016, 03:58 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Reviews on the Sony decks are mixed.

Line/field (internal) and frame (external) TBC does different tasks. Both are required for quality/problem-free transfers.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs