Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Premium Member

I followed all of the steps in the audio/sync guide, but always get audio from a capture that's out-of-sync with the video. (Usually running ahead of the video.)

The MMC software test process says that my card has a clock innacuracy of +%-...Could it have something to do with my M-Audio Delta 2496 card? Would it be worth getting different card? This card is supposed to be low-latency, and works well when playing music with a MIDI keyboard.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with another problem I was having with my AVIs showing 30 FPS instead of 29.97...
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Ewww.... yeah ...... definitely an issue with the audio card. That one did not even cross my mind, glad you caught it. I've not seen an audio card cause that error in at least 2 years now, erratic framerates, but it happens.

Get yourself a PCI audio card from either Creative or Turtle Beach. I tend to prefer Turtle Beach cards these days. Creative SoundBlasters can be a pain to install sometimes (not sure why), and Creative Audigy cards are really uncooperative with video capture cards.

In my two ATI AIW setups, I have a SoundBlaster Live that's about 5 years old and works okay, and then I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card in my primary system.

Pretty much any card will run you $25-50, don't spend less, don't spend more. My local Circuit City actually had some TB Santa Cruz cards on clearance a while back, for like $20-25 range. Fry's caries them too. Best Buy seems to only carry Creative cards, mostly Audigy. Walmart has some of the non-Audigy Creative cards for about $25 also.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
03-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Premium Member

Would a Turtle Beach Catalina or Riviera suffice? The only place I've found the Santa Cruz was on ebay, and Bestbuy's website shows that they have Catalina/Riviera sc's, but I don't know about in-store.
03-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I'm sure either the Catalina or Riviera would be fine.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!