01-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Free Member

Hi,

I am making a sort of a video game and at the end i want to have a credit video.Being new with adobe premiere i dont know anything about it.The only adobe products that i have used are photoshop and ilustrator.The main idea of what i want to make is a small video(3.30 mins) playing a music and having some credits that they are like you have a book and you turn pages over a specific time.Can soemone tell me how to do it or if they are any tutorials about it?I have adobe premiere Pro CS3.

Once again i remind you that i have no idea how it works.The only video editor that i have used so far was windows video makerXD.So,any help will be appreciated
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

That's a bit beyond "video editing" that we teach here (at least, right this moment). What you're wanting to do is not really edit video, but to use an editor to create entirely new content -- to "render" something new.

Adobe After Effects is usually what you'd use for this sort of work, not necessarily Premiere.

For something like this, I would suggest looking at Wrigley Videos site a http://wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/index.htm or their forum at http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum

Creative COW and the Adobe Forums may also prove useful, on this specific topic.

I wish I could help more, but most of we do is re-edit video that has effects already inserted, editing just the video (no effects creation/insertion), or converting/restoring for use by an editor that does more than basic effects.

For that effect, you could create a series of stills in Photoshop, and then set them to motion by dropping them into the Premiere timeline in a sequence. I've done this before for DVD menus, and special transitions in the video itself (divides between chapters), but there may be easier methods using After Effects or similar effects editors/generators.

I'd rather point you to places to learn the "easy way" rather than teaching my more manual method. I get the feeling you're going to want a lot of page turns, so the manual method would get to be obnoxious very quickly, I'd imagine.

The hardest part is probably getting the image of a book. I'd shoot it with my pro DSLR, on a tripod, and have it record a sequence as I turn pages. If it needs to be "drawn looking", then there are cartoonizer filters out there to handle that task.

Does any of that help?

Feel free to post thoughts, etc. Thanks.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!