Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-30-2024, 07:20 AM
Free Member

I've recently started toying with Avisynth. I haven't gotten much of anywhere on it so far, just running a simple filter or two. I've perused some old posts here on processing VHS tapes, and I decided to try out a script I saw in one of them. In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea, as it seems the script is trying to run a million filters, but figured it would maybe help me build a collection of (hopefully) useful files, if nothing else. I've basically been getting errors in AvsPmod and then going and getting the missing files then moving on to the next error. However, now I'm stuck. "Script error: There is no function named "ConvertFormat" has me flummoxed!

Now, for every other such error, I've been able to search and find the missing files and drop them in the plugins folder, but for this one, I find MENTION of it in searches, but no link seems to actually TAKE me to it! IS there such a thing as "ConvertFormat.dll"...or any other extension, for that matter?

TIA
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-30-2024, 07:54 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,468 Times in 2,099 Posts
What is the script?
Where is it posted?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-30-2024, 08:40 AM
Free Member

Not sure whether it helps, I know ofnever heard of a ConvertFormat.dll,...
03-30-2024, 09:25 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
What is the script?
Where is it posted?
The script came from
https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vid...on-script.html

I guess I missed the next page in the thread that said:

lollo2: "With all respect, this script is a compendium of what should NOT be done, starting with the fact that videofred's script were developed for videos transferred from film, not for VHS captures."

Oopsy.

If nothing else, it was an exercise in hunting down elements to clear error messages!

If I'm reading the error correctly, the problem is actually found in ANOTHER script INSIDE that one (ResizersPack.avsi)...as well as inside ANOTHER script (SMDegrain.avsi)

Attached Files
File Type: avs VHS_restoration+HDupscale_by_Jo-Le-Fou.avs (10.9 KB, 1 downloads)
The following users thank tomrog for this useful post: lordsmurf (04-02-2024)

Tags
avisynth, convertformat, dll, filters, missing