Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Free Member

Hello,

I saw where you were talking to someone, in the VideoHelp.com Forum, and mentioned a way to fix Distortion in a video. I am a Filmmaker (Director, Producer, and Writer) and my Production Company did a Concert earlier this year. The Audio Engineer (i.e. front of the house) gave me a direct line from the board, and unfortunately, I could not hear how bad the lead mic was blowing up! I did have them adjust it several times, but each time another band would get on stage... the settings would change. So, I have some live concert audio that has a lot of distortion on the lead mic... and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it! Even though I have never used it, I do have SoundForge. However, I typically have no need for additional audio filters, for my Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Professional Editing Suite typically has everything that I need in it. I really do appreciate any help that you could give me with this.

Thank you very much for your time!

Jesse

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Hi Jesse,

Let me have a sample clip of the worst part of the audio. I'll see what can be done.

1. When you "the lead mic", does that mean that other mics are okay? If so, how many others are fine.
2. And then what does that mic control? Vocals, front stage, etc?

Sound Forge is likely the right tool for this, but it's powerful and has lots of filters to choose from. And then those can have "presets" to use the filters.

I'm always curious what's possible on lousy audio and video!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs