Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-17-2023, 12:18 AM
Free Member

Hi, I´m planning making the definitive digitalization of my whole family video collection consisting in
-A dozen 8mm videos (PAL)
-30 VHSC (PAL)
-about 60 VHS (PAL-N)

I have a VHS recorder in good shape Panasonic NV-J31 HQ (both PAL-N and NTSC)

No capturing device yet. (I own a pc and a Mac)

I was wondering if you can throw me any tips on what equipment i should buy (of course without spending thousands of dollars).
My plan for now was buying a good capturing device and a VHSc adapter and go for it with my VHS. But the VHS dont look very good (artifacts, gittering, etc) and was considering adding some kind of TBC. Also looking into buying a S-vhs since my vhs doesnt have a s-video output.
About the 8mm tapes im looking for a camera but worst case escenario I will send them to a store (since I already have a lot of work with the VHS).

Can I just solve this with a good capturing device (with TBC included?) and my VHS?

I have been looking around the forum and there is a lot of information but Im kind of lost with so much information.
I just want to make a strong digitalization of my family videos so I can back everything up for good.

Could you recommend anything or point out an existing thread discussing this?

Thank you in advance.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors