Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Free Member

how is your review on stable host? is it that good?
well one which interests me is unlimited add on domain and email accounts.how true is this feature??very interested with that.
is the support staff kind and friendly plus responsive to your queries and questions?

-- merged --

hi another question before i go and purchase.which datacenter will you choose?europe or usa?i do business with both actually so i am clueless therefore.can you please help me make my decisions

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
how is your review on stable host? is it that good?
We use Stablehost plans for very important micro-sites that need to be physically USA located. Their Phoenix and Houston server locations have proven to have excellent uptime, and the plans are extremely inexpensive (as low as $25/year, after coupons; current coupon is "newdesign"). Uptime on the server has been observed as 100% over the past six months, which is simply stellar. The important email accounts and pages on those plans are always up as needed, to send/receive daily data. Again, our resource needs were not large (few hundred in/out uniques per day, at most), but uptime was the important factor.

Good? No. "Good" isn't an adequate word. Stablehost has been excellent.

Quote:
well one which interests me is unlimited add on domain and email accounts.how true is this feature??very interested with that.
If the plan advertises unlimited domains, then it offers unlimited domains. This is absolutely accurate. In fact, that was one of our own determining factors, with using their shared hosting plans. We had a dozen or more tiny sites, and their server usage is well under the plan specs of available server space (hard drive, data storage), bandwidth, and resource usage (as per TOS). To limit the number of domains, when the account would still have "within limits" resource use, would be completely asinine. Sadly, many hosts limit the number of domains, which is pretty much ridiculous to do in 2011. (And for several years before that, to be quite honest about it.)

Quote:
is the support staff kind and friendly plus responsive to your queries and questions?
If I had to rate Stablehost support, using a standardized "1-5" type of system (1 = bad, 5 = good), I'd give a 4. They're not as perfect as a premium host like EuroVPS, and I don't know that their techs are quite as seasoned and savvy. They are decently quick to respond (within the hour), and always professional and courteous. You won't find a bad attitude at Stablehost that I've ever seen in the past two years. My only gripe is that sometimes the techs don't locate the problem quickly enough, or have a bad analysis. Some of this is due to my own bias, however, as I have the skills of an advanced tech. When they're wrong, I generally tell them what the correct solution was, so they learn from me as much as I may learn from them. But I'll also say this -- the servers tend to work so well that you'll almost never need to contact tech support. In two years, I've had less than a dozen tickets, between the two plans I admin. The owner goes by the username "nerdie" online, and he comes across as a very intelligent person in this industry.

Quote:
hi another question before i go and purchase.which datacenter will you choose?europe or usa?i do business with both actually so i am clueless therefore.can you please help me make my decisions
Your audience and site needs really help to dictate that decision. We chose USA located servers because we needed a USA located host (the geo-targeting of the content of those micro sites was unusually important), that was well-known and well respected for their quality, while also low cost, and was based on Linux with cPanel. Stablehost.com web hosting was the perfect choice for us.

However, by contrast, the server powering this very site is in Europe, with another host, because that's what was needed for digitalFAQ.com to run as desired, and to serve the desired audiences best. In fact, we currently use most of the hosts listed on the hosting suggestion list, along with several others. (For example, Hostpolar has great unmanaged VPS plans in New York! They're a new host that hasn't yet qualified for the list due to age, but has proven themselves reliable thus far.)

I'd have to know more about your site, before being able to give a good suggestion.

Someday we'll write a full detailed review accounting our history and experiences with Stablehost. But for now, this should serve as a good min-review for anybody wanting a review from an actual long-time user, and not just some affiliate wanker who only suggests SH to generate a few bucks/quid off the blind rec. If you have any more questions about Stablehost, feel free to ask.

Need a good web host? — Read our 2018 Review of the Best Web Hosts
Quite often, problems with web sites are caused by having a rotten web host. Worse yet, many hosts try to blame you (the customer) for the problems! So dump that lousy company. Say goodbye to slow sites, unresponsive support techs, and downtime. Find yourself a new host today. Whether you need shared, reseller, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or dedicated hosting, something on our list should be a good upgrade for you.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.