Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Free Member

Hello Mate,

I read the threads in your signature. Quite informative. Is it possible to add you on skype/gtalk ? I wanted your view on a few hosting providers, if it's not too much to ask.

I was refraining to post my queries in public, as I dont want bad publicity for any host that I am interested in. I need a few different accounts and have selected a few providers based on their plans and my budget. I would love to know your opinion about them, if possible.
  • Skynethosting - for Asia Reseller
  • HostMantis - for US/UK Reseller
  • Atom Host - for US/UK Reseller
  • Host Oxide - for EU VPS
  • Ram Node - for EU VPS
Any comments ?

Thanks

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I get asked this a lot these days, especially by folks from WHT and vBulletin forums. No, I don't Skype or chat, or even answer non-client emails in PMs or emails. Then my advice is lost, and cannot help others. We did that years ago on this site, and in hindsight, it was dumb.

And it's not really publicity for the hosts.

Now, about the hosting...

HostMantis - This is a host I've been familar with for years, and the feedback is good. They're a shared host (and thus reseller host), and a competitor to Stablehost, MDD Hosting, Hawkhost, SpeedySparrow, and some others.

Ram Node - This is definitely a good VPS host. Aside from BuyVM and MiniVPS UK, this is the only host I'd use for low-end budget (LEB, low-end box) type servers. It'd be my second choice behind BuyVM in New York or Las Vegas. For EU, it'd be my first choice for LEB. Note that EuroVPS and Baltic Servers would be my choice for higher-end EU VPS/dedicated hosting.

Skynethosting - This host misleads consumers with BS like "SEO hosting", and has a number of complaints online. I wouldn't use it.

Atom Host - You can find better hosts. This one is obviously outdated. If their own site is crap, why would you think their servers are any better? The site also uses a template -- a BADLY EDITED template -- from about 2000. No. Just no. That's the kind of host that goes MIA, has no tech support, etc.

Host Oxide - This host was registered in October 2013, and the whois address is fake. No, this is obviously a kiddie/amateur host. Avoid that for sure.

So Ramnode is the only one I'd use for VPS here. Or HostMantis for the reseller.

But there are some other good options, too.

Need a good web host? — Read our 2018 Review of the Best Web Hosts
Quite often, problems with web sites are caused by having a rotten web host. Worse yet, many hosts try to blame you (the customer) for the problems! So dump that lousy company. Say goodbye to slow sites, unresponsive support techs, and downtime. Find yourself a new host today. Whether you need shared, reseller, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or dedicated hosting, something on our list should be a good upgrade for you.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.