Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-30-2014, 07:38 AM
Free Member

Hello,

I've been lurked here for a little while and now decide to be part of the community.

Without further ado, here's my current need:

- Hosting which is good SPEED for Asia traffic such as China, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia etc. as well as Russia traffic, too. Yet, I don't want to sacrifice the visitors from US & Europe, too. But, my major visitors would be Asian as mentioned above.

- MAIL, my business majority is relying on using mail; therefore, mail system of that hosting provider must be perfect, reliable & security proof.

- SPACE is NOT so important as I will host only one site with little storage space.

- WORDPRESS friendly, I'm a big fan of using WordPress so hosting which is good and better with WordPress platform.

- SHARED plan would be suited with my site because it will be a new site but also need hosting which is easy have room to grow, too.

- $10 and a little bit over per month is fine.

Currently, I'm deciding between StableHost Enterprise Plus, VeeroTech Shared and EuroVPS Shared Managed.

Alternatively, advices and recommendations are welcomed for other hosts, too!

Thanks in advance!

Dina
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinabrokoth View Post
I've been lurked here for a little while and now decide to be part of the community.
Excellent. Glad to have you.

Quote:
- Hosting which is good SPEED for Asia traffic such as China, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia etc. as well as Russia traffic, too. Yet, I don't want to sacrifice the visitors from US & Europe, too. But, my major visitors would be Asian as mentioned above.
Well, there's really no one ideal place for both Russia and eastern Asia. Russia is part of Europe, when it comes to the internet -- a fact that Putin surely dislikes; this is assuming he's not a tech dunce like most U.S. politicians! For Russia, you'd want Europe. EuroVPS (Amsterdam) is excellent for this, as is Baltic Server (Lithuania).

For Asia, you'd want Singapore. It's one of the best connected spots in Asia right now. The only drawback is that it's more expensive than North America or Europe. If you use a good host, that is. There's plenty of crappy ones that promise everything for $1.

You do not want India. While you'd think it's in the middle, it's slow to both locations.

As much as like Veerotech, it's out. Neither UK nor USA is ideal for you.
Stablehost has excellent Amsterdam locations.
EuroVPS uses Amsterdam as their only location, and is an EU company based in Greek Cypress.

Quote:
Alternatively, advices and recommendations are welcomed for other hosts, too!
Another option is the U.S. west coast for Asia loading. And then the Russia loading routes through Europe. For this situation, I'd pick Stablehost in Phoenix.

Site5 and Hawkhost have some decent Singapore locations, with Site5 being best here.

If it were me, I'd use the Site5.com Singapore plan.

It's only $7.50 monthly for 6 months. Less for a year. (I'd never sign up for more than a year at any host.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
06-03-2014, 02:43 AM
Free Member

Thanks for your answer.

What do think if I use StableHost Amsterdam localtion + MaxCDN?
06-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

What sort of content will you have?

A CDN will not help much when the site is dynamic (aka WordPress based). CDNs are mostly useful for static content -- video, large images, static HTML pages. Even then, mostly just streaming videos benefit. "Use a CDN!" has become a silly internet meme/buzzword, along with "cloud". It's often suggested by people that know little more (or less!) than you do, so beware of the bad advice.

Stablehost Amsterdam may be fine, but you'll see some sluggish performance to Asia. I actually think Phoenix would be better. If in doubt, ask Stablehost sales -- mention that "kpmedia" sent you, and feel free to forward them the URL of this thread/page. (Tyler will probably be the one answering your ticket.) They'll know their routes and exact speeds best. But I have a feeling Phoenix will be the best choice here, from the information available.

The only way to do better would be Site5 in Singapore.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.

Tags
eurovps, stablehost, veerotech