04-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I found another application interaction weakness in Chrome.

The first major weakness I discovered was in parsing the WYSWYG Ajax editor in vBulletin. It will not display the full non-bbcoded version of text when making new threads or replies, or editing existing threads or replies.

This new weakness is with the Magento ecommerce system. It will cause a login/logout loop on the admin backend. Even if you're able to login to the admin interface, it will log you out of the admin panel anytime you click on a link. I don't know how well it works on the frontend, but I wouldn't put much faith in Magento/Chrome compatibility on either side.

Just a tip for anybody that is a reader/member web developer here, or may find this topic from a Google search.

The Magento admin backend works fine with Firefox 3.5 and 3.6, so just use those instead.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors