12-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

In the edit clip screen I delete the first chapters showing up on the right. If I hit OK, return to the main menu and then hit "edit clip" it shows up again. Is this because it is the first frame in the clip? Should I be doing something else to save my work?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Are you editing footage?
Or trying to insert chapter marks? And then edit the marks.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
12-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

I was just trying to set all my chapter marks. I think the problem was that the first frame was part of my clip so it had to be a chapter mark by definition. Once I set my frame beginning to further into the clip that chapter mark went away.
12-18-2004, 05:55 PM

So is this problem solved? I'm not quite sure if you're still needing help here. If so, just re-state the question, and we'll go from there.

Some additional comments:
- You are correct, the beginning of a clip is a chapter, and there is no way to change that. That's is how the DVD-Video format works.
- There is also a limit to how many chapters can be put in a video clip, and how far apart they need to be. Software reacts differently all the time. I've found TDA to act oddly if chapter marks are closer than 3-4 minutes apart. That's honestly close enough anyway. You can put some 30 seconds to a minute apart too, but do not make it too often (else the software may crash). There is a limit of 99 chapters.
- The way to delete bookmarks in TDA is to use the toolbar on the right side of the TDA interface. It is also the best place to insert a chapter mark based on a precise second in time.

Hope this helps.

12-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Premium Member

Thanks. Once I realized that I needed to redine the starting frame, I could set my chapters correctly,

I am going to trial other authoring programs just to see what they can do.
12-19-2004, 08:04 PM

I suggest Ulead DVD Workshop 2 from ulead.com
http://www.ulead.com/dws/runme.htm
This can often be found for $300-350 on student discounts, if you are a student, or know a student that can help you.

It seems they have an LE version now too, called Ulead DVD Workshop Express for $199:
http://www.ulead.com/dws/dws_express/features.htm

Sadly, many authoring programs have no demos.