07-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,442 Times in 2,075 Posts
I cannot figure out the settings to make this motion menu work.

And then, is there any way to add a PLAY ALL cutom button, as a transparent image that ONLY highlights the non-invisible portion of the image. Right now, it will not accept my PSD images (some BS about "not saved as composite image" that I always forget what it means), and then it does not accept GIF (therefore, no transparent GIFs, only JPEGs and BMPs).

Help! mark, phillip.... somebody!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Premium Member

Problem solved
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Site Staff | Video

For those wondering what the fix was:

(1) My TDA was too old. It was not handling the audio menu properly. I have the current one, and all is well. I can now pick my highlight colors too.

(2) Photoshop 6 was not making a PSD that TDA would like. Using Photoshop 7 seems to have created a TDA-friendly PSD that I could use for the menu object.

The menu has turned out quite well.

I still don't like the software, FYI, but sometimes the source will not cooperate with DVDit! or DVDWS2. TDA is more lenient on flawed/imperfect sources files.

07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Free Member

I would be interested to see what happened to make the Aladdin files trip up the other programs, they were never re-encoded or anything just straight record then edit, I wonder if it was during authoring? That is interesting to know though as I have heard other complaints over the years of random problems when re-authoring a TDA made disc, I have never seen it myself though
07-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Site Staff | Video

Your Aladdin episode 3, for example, would have no audio in DVDWS2. It cuts off after 30 seconds. I cannot even convert to another audio format to make it work. Odd.

The video on DVDit! would be re-encoded, and it went slow mo with ghosts. Terrible. And the audio was of course, out of sync.

TDA refused to see more tha 30 seconds of the file. I had to rip it as IFO, demux in TMPG, and then run the M2V through RESTREAM with all the "remove" and "repair" options checked. That did it, for TDA.

So far, DVD2 seemingly has no such issues, of course, I'm now using TDA templates.

No idea what may have changed betwee Photoshop 6 and 7 for the PSD files to not read the same. I just make them in 6, open in 7, hit save, and it magically works with no changes made to the files. WTF? I can only guess a file header or something.

Voodoo.