Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Free Member

I just wanted to share my experiences with these discs.

I recently purchased two 50-packs of Optical Quantum 4X BD-R's for about $40 on sale at NewEgg. These discs identify as PHILIPS R04 with DVD Identifier. My LG WH12LS39 would not burn these things. They would appear to start the burn process and then just sit there with the burn never advancing. I even tried a few different software packages for burning. They all did the same thing.

It should be noted that the LG drive burns DVD and CD just fine. When I purchased the LG drive I also bought a 25-pack of Rosewill branded BD-R discs (labeled as RMI-SB25I... I'm sorry I don't have the Mfg ID) that all burned smooth and so far have lasted about a year and a half.

Yesterday I took delivery of a new Pioneer BDR-209DBK for my other PC. So far the Pioneer will burn the Optical Quantum discs but each attempt has resulted in a complete burn with a failed validation. I'm building a nice collection of coasters.

Your mileage may vary... but I'll be steering clear of the Optical Quantum brand in the future.

skua

| LG WH12LS39 BD-R | Pioneer BDR-209DBK |
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skua_September View Post
So far the Pioneer will burn the Optical Quantum discs but each attempt has resulted in a complete burn with a failed validation. I'm building a nice collection of coasters.
What do you mean by validation?
Are you using Imgburn's verification?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs