Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-15-2023, 04:54 PM
Free Member

I have a problem with my new vcr. It's a JVC HR-S7600 from a suggested vendor, but it has some serious tracking problems.
It is capable of reading the tape, but it often lose signal, I suppose the problem is the tracking.

I share with you a little sample.

If I rewind I'm usually able to see the scene that appeared ruined during the first play.
Is there a setting I forget to apply? Consider it is still in Dutch and I wasn't able to change to Italian.

Thank you!

Attached Files
File Type: mp4 output_video.mp4 (10.53 MB, 17 downloads)

Last edited by johnEtna; 12-15-2023 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Title modification
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-15-2023, 05:55 PM
Free Member

Doesn't look good indeed, looks like a bad reception recording, you know for sure the recording is good ?
12-15-2023, 11:41 PM
Free Member

That doesn't look like a VCR problem, Connect it to an analog TV or monitor to find out for sure before blaming the seller for something it is not his fault, But first post your capture workflow and how you got that glitchy picture in details so we can help you avoid an unnecessary return.

https://www.youtube.com/@Capturing-Memories/videos
12-16-2023, 03:28 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,468 Times in 2,099 Posts
Did you confirm the tape is fine in another VCR?

That looks to be a cyclical head issue. Seen it, hate it, deck becomes "parts only".

A better outcome is when it's "simply" (not so simple) an audio head alignment problem. Did you mess with the inside of the deck any?

I don't see how this could be due to anything else in the workflow.

Let's not be coy here. I'm guessing this came from VCRshop, correct? He'll make sure you get a good deck. (Yes, he sometimes misses issues on his decks, something we experienced once a few years ago. But he'll make it right. He's not quite as detailed as I am with my gear, but I still trust him. Good guy.) He's not an eBay scammer, liar, idiot, so don't treat him as such, don't demand returns. Give him a chance to make it right. He will.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-16-2023, 01:36 PM
Free Member

Thank you everybody for your replies!

This unit doesn't display the menu, but I solved the problem attaching it to a TV with Scart input when I need it, so it's not a big deal for me. The real problem is the JVC continues to have the kind of issue you saw in the sample (with both capture card and TV), while my LG VCR has absolutely no problem with this tape.
It also has a louder volume. Is there a specific setting on the JVC to increase the volume?

I spent so much time for this VHS digitalization that I would use just my VCR VHS, but I still hope a SVHS VCR provides a better audio&video quality, also thanks to internal TBC.

I made all kind of tests so I'm sure enough it is just a VCR problem, like lordsmurf pointed.
No, I've not tried to open it, I prefer not to void the guarantee.

Now I will going to contact the seller, I'm sure he will provide a better unit.