Quantcast DVD Decrypter is Gone? - Page 2 - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #21  
06-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Zyphon Zyphon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, England (UK)
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
I think Macromedia has only stopped one outlet rippers
Macromedia
Isn't it MacroVision



-kwag
Lol, yes I made a typo, im so dumb.

I was doing a night course recently at a college with Dreamweaver so Macromedia must be on my mind.

Of course I meant Macrovision, well... you guys know what I meant.
__________________
Regards.

Michael.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #22  
06-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Zyphon Zyphon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, England (UK)
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
May I remind you that gaming industry is not a good example of what has been said by others here.
There are severall copy protection mechanism especially made for games that still haven't been completely dealt with.
On 1:1 copies at least.
Mind you using Deamon Tools can sort of be classed as a 1:1 copy as if you were to burn a Alcohol or Clone image of a SD protected disc and burned that image to a CD, DT would mount a virtual drive and let you play the game.

I recently bought Sims2 University and backed that up and it plays via DT.

I don't know though if DT can play SD4 protected discs.

I agree with you on the audio their protections have yet to be overcome, the only method I know to back up your audio CD's is to record it analogue via a piece of software to your PC.
__________________
Regards.

Michael.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
06-09-2005, 06:25 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
Mind you using Deamon Tools can sort of be classed as a 1:1 copy
No it doesn't
That way you can't just decide to take your games CDs to a familly summer place where you know you'll find a PC, can you?
You'll need to install DT there as well.
And that's cheating because I meant burning a 100% equal CD image onto another CD with the original copy protection.
A real 1:1 copy will always be burnt with the original copy protection in the destination CD .
But I would be glad to have at least a playable 1:0.9999999 copy of several games I own.

Quote:
as if you were to burn a Alcohol or Clone image of a SD protected disc and burned that image to a CD, DT would mount a virtual drive and let you play the game.
I call that cheating, because you might as well use the "nocd" hacks out there that will do the same thing (more or less).

Quote:
I recently bought Sims2 University and backed that up and it plays via DT.
Try burning that CD image to a CD and make it work without DT.

Quote:
I don't know though if DT can play SD4 protected discs.
Yes and no.
There are several SD4 versions. Some work, some don't.
The guys from Alcohol are also working on it but it will take a long time.

Quote:
I agree with you on the audio their protections have yet to be overcome, the only method I know to back up your audio CD's is to record it analogue via a piece of software to your PC.
That's not a 1:1 copy isnt it .

Now, I just realised that we've been using the DVDREasy forum to discuss things that hardly have anything to do with DVDREasy.
I think it's time for me to stop posting OT, out of respect for Pedro, even because I was the 1st to go OT here.
I would call everybody else to do the same.
Plus you guys have already convinced me some posts ago that this may not be the end of an era or the dawn for dark times .
For me, Mods might even think about closing this thread .
Cheers guys
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #24  
06-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
A real 1:1 copy will always be burnt with the original copy protection in the destination CD .
But I would be glad to have at least a playable 1:0.9999999 copy of several games I own.
DVDDecrypter is not a 1:1 copy maker so
(even in iso mode, it uncrypts the vobs ).
Your game CD can't be copied because the copy protection uses a PHYSICAL "defect" on the disc. There is no possibility to "copy" it. That is why a no-cd patch is needed !
For instance, a very simple protection is used on PS1 : if the brand tag written on the disc in not "Sony", then the disc is known to be a copy, and it can't be read... except if you "patched'" the PS1 with a "no-cd" chipset.
The brand is in the "id tag" of the disc and this is an area that is read-only, either on a CD-R. So simple, so efficient...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Zyphon Zyphon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, England (UK)
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@rds_correia

I think you are splitting heirs Rui and are being obstinate.

In that case you might as well say all of us that has ever made a backup of our DVD's have not made a 1:1 copy.

For starters a ripping tool rips certain parts out of the VOB and decrypts them.

Then we use either Transcoders or Encoders so hence compressing the Video and/or Audio so that it can fit on a DVDR, even a DVD9 blank hold as much data as a lot of Commercial DVD's.

So with this compression and squeezing of Data onto recordable media for me I can't consider this a 1:1 copy but a comprimise and so its not a 100% copy of the original.

As such we have to make comprimises to backup other mediums.

Also I will never forsee the day when I would take a game with me when visiting someone to play a game, if I did I would bring the original I would bring my laptop.
__________________
Regards.

Michael.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Michael ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
I think you are splitting heirs Rui and are being obstinate.
I have already agreed with you all that I might be completely wrong in my judgement.
At least I hope I am.
And maybe a little obstinated but I'm simply trying to explain my point, that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
In that case you might as well say all of us that has ever made a backup of our DVD's have not made a 1:1 copy.
No we haven't. Maybe you can do it with something similar to DVDShrink but not the way we're used to do it by just keeping the MainMovie files.
I can agree with you that by taking into account just the MMF we actually do a ~1:0.9999 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
For starters a ripping tool rips certain parts out of the VOB and decrypts them.
Then we use either Transcoders or Encoders so hence compressing the Video and/or Audio so that it can fit on a DVDR, even a DVD9 blank hold as much data as a lot of Commercial DVD's.
True.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
So with this compression and squeezing of Data onto recordable media for me I can't consider this a 1:1 copy but a comprimise and so its not a 100% copy of the original.
As such we have to make comprimises to backup other mediums.
It isn't. It's merely a copy. Yes we do compromise a lot to keep our originals safe.
But you miss all the point.
Quote:
Also I will never forsee the day when I would take a game with me when visiting someone to play a game, if I did I would bring the original I would bring my laptop.
There you can only speak for yourself. I have never done it but I was planning on doing it this summer.
My laptop sucks (Celeron 300Mhz/64MB/4GB) compared to my cousin's desktop that he keeps in his summer place (P4 3.0Ghz/512MB/72GB).
But why do you miss the point? Because we wouldn't know what to do if they took DT and Alcohol away from us as they did with DVDDecrypter.
You could always try to extract with another tool but you would have to go on using "nocd" patches on your installed games.
Not much fun right?
And let's face it: there isn't any other CD ripper as Alcohol, period.
Call CloneCD, CDRWIN, etc but they will always be miles away from AA 120%.
As there is no match for EAC in the AudioCD field.
CDex is really fine but EAC rules.
I hope I've made my point clear.
I clearly have acknowleged everybody else's point.
Please, let's put an end to this off topic, ok?
Otherwise I would kindly ask a mod to split this thread in two and taking the later posts to a new thread at the "anything not video related" part of the forum.
Cheers guys
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #27  
06-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
No we haven't. Maybe you can do it with something similar to DVDShrink but not the way we're used to do it by just keeping the MainMovie files.
No you can't ! Except if the vob are not crypted AND the DVD is a DVD-5. But in this case, any program will do the trick as the DVD can be considered as protected
Quote:
You could always try to extract with another tool but you would have to go on using "nocd" patches on your installed games.
Not much fun right?
Did you read my post about physical alteration of original CD that prevents them to be copied and makes MANDATORY a no-cd patch ?
You will never have a tool that can copy a protection based on such thing.

Quote:
And let's face it: there isn't any other CD ripper as Alcohol, period. Call CloneCD, CDRWIN, etc but they will always be miles away from AA 120%.
Almost all ripp I see are done with CCD. Few of them with AA. So you might be wrong somehow. But I don't do ripp myself so I can't tell.
Quote:
Please, let's put an end to this off topic, ok?
I don't see why a discussion can have place only because it is not anymore the place. I'm too lazy too split the thread. And BTW I do not moderate this part of the forum
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
burning using DVD-DECRYPTER sparskter Authoring VCD, DVD, Blu-ray 2 11-06-2005 04:12 AM
Dvd decrypter and Now, DVD Shrink Dialhot Blank Media / Burning Discs 10 08-20-2005 07:25 AM
New Dvd decrypter is Out Dialhot Video Encoding and Conversion 3 08-31-2004 07:10 AM
DVD Decrypter is best? mistermickster Video Encoding and Conversion 18 12-18-2003 06:22 AM
DVD Decrypter 3.1.4.0 is available black prince Video Encoding and Conversion 0 11-18-2002 05:49 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd