Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-10-2020, 04:53 AM
Free Member

Hi! I'm looking for a program to record what happen in my computer but only of what I says. I'll try to explain me better. I need to register only a windowed program but I also need to use my computer with another program without registering this one. I register my school lessons and meanwhile I take notes in the same pc, but I want to record only the lesson.
Beforse I used OBS to do this but now I can't use it anymore because it makes crash my pc and everything stop working, which means I have to shut down removing the plug.
I hope you can help me and I apologize for any mistakes but English isn't my native language
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-10-2020, 05:15 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
Moved. Screen capture isn't video capturing.

OBS is simply one streaming capture software. It is a resource hog that I've seen, and some software may be leaner.

I know of some decent alternatives, but all are payware. Do you require freeware, or do you have a budget? Jing is a freeware similar to Camtasia (payware) from the same company. Long before OBS, Camtasia was a favorite of many.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
11-10-2020, 05:38 AM
Free Member

Well, I'm looking for a freeware if possible, as it was OBS, but I can pay if I can find a definitive solution, but first I want to test the trial version and then I'll make a thought about it.

The real problem is to find a software that can do what I need, because I searched a little bit and I always found program that make me select a region of the screen but when I open a new window it start record that one too and I don't want that.
11-12-2020, 11:06 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Moved. Screen capture isn't video capturing.

OBS is simply one streaming capture software. It is a resource hog that I've seen, and some software may be leaner.

I know of some decent alternatives, but all are payware. Do you require freeware, or do you have a budget? Jing is a freeware similar to Camtasia (payware) from the same company. Long before OBS, Camtasia was a favorite of many.
Hi again! I wanted to tell you that I tried the alternatives but none of them have what I'm looking for. Can you tell me other programs that I can try? Thanks a lot!