Go Back   Forum > Featured > Coupons & Deals > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Use the following links to get some awesome deals from SuperMediaStore:
Excellent media!

- Save money when you shop at The Digital FAQ.
- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

- Did this site help you? Then become a Premium Member and support what we do!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-28-2009, 06:37 AM

^BUMP
One of the best deals on blanks for today and tomorrow!

- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

08-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Free Member

That sounds like a great deal, yes, but I haven't purchased TY discs before nor anything from Super Media Store.

Are the discs actually stored/shipped that way, with no protection? Is "tape" enough? That seems very precarious...
08-09-2009, 01:48 PM

Supermediastore is an excellent company, I've dealt with them for many years now, including being one of their repeat customers. SMS/Linkyo is a trusted company when it comes to Taiyo Yuden media, as they only sell legitimate authorized TY media, not the fakes that are still (sadly) found on many other media seller sites.

They are on the list of Preferred Stores on the digitalFAQ.com review page where stores selling blank DVDs are reviewed. See http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/buy-blank-discs.htm

The TY tape wrap is a very safe method of storage. Spindles allow some movement of the discs inside the container, where the tape wrap does not. At worst, a few discs at the top or bottom of the stack may have some slight scratches --- this is NO DIFFERENT than a spindle, however!

The box itself is packed with bubbles or peanuts, and the tape wrapped discs come inside boxes. As far as shipping goes, SMS is one of the better companies to deal with.

After opening the tape wrap, you'll want to have an empty spindle handy. Most of us have extra spindles lying around, from buying other brands of media locally in stores. I have several extras in a closet, for example.

When it comes time to burn and store the disc, you'll want to (of course) store your completed burn in a case of some kind, or maybe even another spindle. We can discuss storage in another topic, if needed. I believe there are already several related topics in the blank media forum.

Hope that helps.

I don't think this SMS sale is going on anymore, but check them out for a new sale, as well as some of our other preferred sellers (GotMedia.com, MediaMegaMall.com, Meritline.com) and see what sort of deals they may be running. Also look at the banner ads at the top of our pages, from the same companies.

Thanks.