Go Back   Forum > Featured > Coupons & Deals > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Remember that Verbatim DVD-R and Verbatim DVD+R, the DataLife and DataLifePlus series made by Mitsubishi Kagatu Media (MKM), with the MCC media IDs, seems to be disappearing from retail stores. It's being replacing by somewhat crappy "Life Series" and "Value Series" discs not made by MKM/MCC, but instead by CMC and Ritek.

Understanding this, grab yourself some well-priced MCC discs while available!

Supermediastore has Verbatim 8x 200-disc spindles on sale for only $39.99 with free shipping and no tax
BUY NOW! CLICK HERE!

Deals Valid 04/29 - 05/02/2010 or while supplies last.

Excellent discs. Get some before they're hard to find.

More at http://www.tkqlhce.com/email-3235990...cake-box-200pk

- Save money when you shop at The Digital FAQ.
- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

- Did this site help you? Then become a Premium Member and support what we do!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Free Member

Is there any more news regarding Verbatim? I haven't seen anything else on the net about it and would like to know more. Really hope this isn't the end of them!
05-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
If you're wanting an official statement, not that I'm aware, no.

As far as the available information, it's speculation at the moment, but based on sound logic:
  • State of the world economy, and willingness of businesses to cut costs (i.e. TY and China packing), or for manufacturing plants to simple close (i.e, Daxon).
  • History of this happening to other manufacturers (TDK, Maxell, etc).
  • Willingness of Verbatim to use CMC discs in 2x days, and now again in the 16x era.
  • Confirmation that both the Life Series and Value Series is CMC. (I believe Value Series is also Ritek.)
  • Best Buy and Officemax replentishing Verbatim with Life Series, already confirmed to be CMC by user reports.
I'd rather be safe than sorry -- I want/need good media, and Verbatim is the best. If you want to guarantee yourself some good discs, I highly suggest visiting
and buying some now.

I'd rather guess and be wrong, than disbelieve and be wrong. The first one ensures I get good known-quality Verbatim MCC/MKM blanks discs, the second one does not. You won't really hear "I bought too many good blanks" as opposed to "I missed out on buying good blanks".

Something to think about.

- Save money when you shop at The Digital FAQ.
- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

- Did this site help you? Then become a Premium Member and support what we do!
05-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Free Member

Thanks Lordsmurf. My reasoning is the same.