Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Digital Devices

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Premium Member

I could use some help about smart phones, not sure if anybody knows much about them.

What I am looking for is one with a good sized screen; for showing my artwork to people

a good battery life, one that would last about 10-30 minutes while talking & showing my art to people, with my ipod touch, after showing & talking with people with my art, for about just 5-10 min, the battery is half or more than half drained.

good reliable internet access, I have tried the wifi on my ipod touch, & it is not the best. Most of the time the wireless networks it picks up are locked with a password, or the free ones have poor reception, with pages loading very slowly & freezing.

I have looked at smart phones I am angling for an iphone or something similar, but without the huge monthly contract fee. My mom had at & t & they ripped her off, they started doing hidden charges, in the end she was out $400.00. so I dont want to get mixed up with at&t.

I looked at tmobiles supposed pre paid phones, the galaxy, but among the FAQ, one has to pay a fee for internet access.

I would like internet access that is independent of wifi, & reliable, to look up maps etc. I thought if I got a 3 or 4g phone I would get internet access independent of wifi, without a monthly or any fees, the phones themselves are expensive.

right now I have a Motorola clam shell phone with a tmobile pay as you go plan, I would like this with a smart phone. A real pay as you go plan that covers everything, phone calls, internet a, apps etc.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Several things:
- A modern quality display generally suggests you'll be using an iOS or Android based phone. An iPhone is excellent.
- Pay-as-you-go Internet access is expensive. On Verizon, for example, $2 per 1MB. Monthly plans are better. If you plan on using it only in emergency, then that's fine. I can't afford a monthly internet access plan either, but I can get online if required, using the $2/1MB pay-go.

What you want doesn't really exist right now. At least I've never seen it.
Someday, however, I think it will. Give it another 5 years.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
07-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

Does MetroPCS service your area? They offer Android based smartphones and no contract plans with data starting at $50.
Cricket also offers Android smartphones with no contract plans starting at $55.