05-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Free Member

First a small bit of background:

I have just successfully copied a dual layer commercially prepared DVD to a dual layer DVD+R-DL using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 and I followed the instructions given at:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/vid...-decrypter.htm

Interestingly, partway down the page after the ripping instructions, there is a comment:
Quote:
The size of the source disc should be under or at 4,700,000,000 bytes, and the physical disc should be read as being a DVD5 with 1 layer. If not, then your disc is a DVD9 and this guide cannot be used.

Read more: http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/vid...#ixzz47pk6eJfk
Well, I had already begun the RIP, so I let it go. When the RIP finished I decided to follow the BURN instructions. What the heck! In for a dime; in for a dollar. OK, well the first problem is that it worked. Thus the problem is the quoted text which said it would not work. Perhaps a quick update to that instruction would be helpful.

NOW to my REAL QUESTION:

The newly burned DVD plays well. The introductory parts which can't be skipped or fast-forwarded on the original can now be skipped or FF-d through. GREAT!

When I am playing the newly burned DVD and press the STOP button on my player, I am presented with Titles -- all blank.

Such as:

Title 1
-/-- -:--

Title 2
-/-- -:--

and so on. When I touch STOP playing the original DVD, the player returns to the player top-menu where I can scroll to things like DVD, NetFlix, Amazon, and so on.

I don't object to the Title display, but how can I get it to display the information that should be there -- presumably like

Title 1
1/54 1:37

Title 2
2/54 47:23

or am I wrong about that?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I became a premium member right away because this is a free program that's worth paying for!!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors