01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Free Member

does anyone happen to know what the best dvd copying software is i read dvd cloner3 is the best but do not want to go out and spend 50 to 60 dollars if it doesn't even remove the current copy protections that are on dvds today any ideas or thoughts would help
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Free Member

If you dont need to shrink I would just use DVD Decrypter, its free and you can read the disc to the hard drive as an ISO and then burn it back to a new disc
01-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Free Member

see i tried doing that what do you use the load the dvd data up again because what i normally do is use decrypter and then load it up in shrink and it works most of the time and what do you mean by loading it up with ISO i don't really know much what can all be done with decrypter
01-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Free Member

Agreed, DVd Decryptor is all I use now days. It's the fastest, CopytoDVD isn't bad for hard discs.
01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Free Member

If you do not need to shrink it (meaning if the disc is already 4.4gb or under) then you can just use DVD Decrypter to make a disc image and then burn that disc image to a new disc

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/.../decrypter.htm

That guide should show it all, if the disc is already 4.4 of under you should never be using Shrink at all because the disc is already "shrunk". By saving the disc as ISO and then burning it again as ISO you will get a perfect copy of the disc using the free software.

If you need to shrink the disc then you will need another program because taking the ISO and using Shrink will result in a VIDEO_TS folder which DVD Decrypter cannot burn and you will need something like Nero or RecordNow
01-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
If you use DVD Shrink to copy a disc, and it does not need to be shrunk, it can ruin the data. I'm having to go over that with a newer videographer right now. DVD Shrink is not copying software, it's a transcoder that reads video data. You do not want to use a transcoder to simply copy a DVD.

Only use DVD Shink on commercial discs that are too big, and you're making yourself a copy from the original. DVD Shrink uses DVD Decrypter or Nero to actually burn the data when it is done shrinking it.

You cannot "shrink" homemade discs without entirely destroying it's quality. Either use a DL disc, or fix your errors that made your SL project too large.

I use RecordNow Max to copy discs. I have a DVD-ROM to read the disc, and at the same time a DVD burner writes a new one. The drives are on different IDE cables (opposite channels). I copy at 4x or 8x.

I also use DVD Decrypter to read an ISO in the burner, then insert a blank, and write that ISO. This is for harder to read source discs

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs